Is it ok to brag a little???? Probably not, but I will anyway. I have finished my Christmas shopping for the family...and the presents are under the tree! I still have a few gifts to buy for friends.
I have the Christmas lights up on the bushes in the front of the house. I never had the icicles taken down, so that didn't need to be done again. But I put lights on the bushes yesterday, then someone came over to help me put the timers on them.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Last week I was struggling with sadness and worry: sad that Andy is no longer a part of our family holidays, worry because I didn't know how I was going to continue to pay for him being at such an expensive facility.
By Monday evening, I was drawn to the Psalms and was so encouraged by where God led me.
Psalm 143:
"O Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief." (verse 1)
"My spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed." (verse 4)
"I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Answer me quickly, O LORD; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me, or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." (verses 6-8)
"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground." (verse 10)
"For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble." (verse 11)
I was especially encouraged by verse 10, comforted to know God's good Spirit was going to lead me on level ground.
Then on Wednesday afternoon, the mail brought a check that I wasn't expecting. At that point, a feeling came over me that this was the beginning of God's meeting all my needs.
And the next day, I got an email from someone who wanted to help me with the financial burden I'm carrying; the only stipulation being that they needed to remain completely anonymous.
Psalm 146:9 says: "The LORD sustains the fatherless and the widow." I stand in awe of his faithfulness.
I called our attorney on Monday and have an appointment set to begin the application process for Medicaid. She gave me an assignment to make copies of all our bank statements for the last 5 years. I've already done that. She will go through those statements and check them for questions we might encounter when we submit the application. There is a lot to do, receipts to look up and find, and who knows what all...but step by step...we'll get it done.
I stopped by to see Dawn one evening to rescue her for a little break from 24/7 littles and was able to get this cute picture of our February babies. Kasey will be 4 and Cole will be 2, both in February.
I'm so grateful that the Lord hears me and sympathizes with my weaknesses. I can approach his throne of grace with confidence, knowing that I will receive mercy and find grace to help me in my time of need. (Hebrews 4:16) And right now, I'm very needy.
"Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal."
1 comment:
The house looks fabulous.
Post a Comment