Monday, May 22, 2017

Andy is not the only one who forgets. I need constant reminders of the Lord's unfailing and abiding love, grace, mercy and kindness to me. 

On Tuesday's Morning and Evening devotional by Spurgeon, I was so moved by the words he used to convey God's amazing love for us. I'm writing it here as a reminder to myself of how good God is - always, even when I struggle with grief, sad times and difficult experiences.

Spurgeon based his thoughts on 1 Timothy 6:17: "God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy."

"Our Lord Jesus is always giving and does not for a single moment withdraw His hand...He is an ever-shining sun; He is manna in unfailing supply; He is a rock in the desert, sending constant streams of life from His pierced side; the rain of His grace is always falling; the King can never die, so His grace can never fail. Every day we pluck His fruit, and every day His branches bend down to our hand with a fresh supply of mercy. There are seven feast days in His weeks, and as many banquets in His years. Who has ever returned from His door unblessed? Who has ever risen from His table unsatisfied? His mercies are new every morning and fresh every evening. Who can calculate the number of His benefits or value the extent of His provision? Every passing day we are the beneficiaries of a myriad of mercies. The wings of our hours are covered with the silver of His kindness and with the yellow gold of His favor. The countless stars serve as the standard bearers of incalculable blessings. Who can measure the benefits that He bestows on His servant or recount the extent of His mercies toward His own? How shall my soul extol Him who loads us with daily benefits, and who crowns us with loving-kindness? O that my praise could be as endless as His provision."

"You are good and what You do is good? Psalm 119:68

"Turn to me and have mercy on me, as You always do to those who love Your name." Psalm 119:132 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all -- how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32

God gives us no room for doubt - He loves us and wants our best. 

Dawn and I went to visit Andy again on Tuesday. He was in good spirits and enjoyed the children. 



The rest of the week was a mix of watering the flowers in the evening because of the unseasonable heat and several meetings with friends. The gardens are full of color right now and so beautiful. I can't get enough of them.






I've been listening to two songs in particular this week, both express a resolve to trust God no matter what we're going through.

Even If
I know You're able and I know You can
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

They say it only takes a little faith
To move a mountain
Well good thing
A little faith is all I have, right now
But God, when You choose
To leave mountains unmovable
Oh give me the strength to be able to sing
It is well with my soul

You've been faithful, You've been good
All of my days
Jesus, I will cling to You
Come what may
‘Cause I know You're able
I know You can
I know You're able 
Save through the fire with Your mighty hand
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone

I know the sorrow, I know the hurt
Would all go away if You'd just say the word
But even if You don't
My hope is You alone
It is well with my soul
It is well, it is well with my soul

Songwriters: Bart Marshall Millard / Benjamin Glover / Crystal Lewis / David Arthur Garcia / Tim Timmons
Even If lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Music Services, Inc

Trust in You
When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You
Truth is You know what tomorrow brings
There's not a day ahead You have not seen
So let all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less
When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You I will trust in You
You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation
The rock on which I stand
Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There's not a place where I'll go
You've not already stood



Songwriters: Lauren Daigle / Michael Farren / Paul Mabury
Trust in You lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Capitol Christian Music Group

1 comment:

angie said...

I love to read about your life. How I wish I could sit with you in church on Sunday. I hate to think of you all alone. Ron and I would love to have you with us. You must share that need with someone. They won't know if you don't tell them. Your stories about Andy are so sweet and loving. I can just see him praying for others but am amazed he is able when you explain the condition he is in. It has to be the Lord taking over when Andy can't or at least speaking through him. How wonderful our Lord. He finds a way to meet our needs even if he has to use people who can not always think clearly. I am sending you a big loving hug. Oh, we moved 6 miles away from Seattle to be near Angie. Kevin moved to TX for his job with the FAA so there was nothing holding us there. We are in a small town of 1000. Love it. Weather like Tri-Cities. It is above Richland on may near the border. They call it the high dessert. Warm and beautiful. Sending you many hugs. Helene