The kitchen renovation project is well under way and making good progress. I can't believe it, but we're actually on schedule according to Andy's time line.
Last Wednesday and Thursday afternoons and evenings, Andy and I emptied all the kitchen cabinets. We just piled everything in the dining room.
Here is my interim kitchen:
On Friday, Andy had a young college guy home for the summer help him take all the cabinets out and delivered to the guy who is painting them.
Saturday was a busy day. Christian came down and helped Andy jack hammer out the tile floor. It was a dirty job and took them all day to get that done. Christy came down with the kids, too, and we hung out together while the guys worked. We had hoagies for lunch and pizza for supper. It was an adventure eating in our tiny little space with kids on the floor and some of the adults, too.
The kids had fun playing outside on our swingset and at the neighbors', and Aiden occupied himself by seeing how many pillows he could pile on his head.
Then little brother Asher had to try it.
When that job was done, we had Sunday and Monday to putter around (Andy always finds something to do) until Tuesday when our tile guy came and started laying the tile floor. Monday morning was cool so I decided to mow the lawn. It took me 3 hours, but I was glad I got it done because the rest of the day was very hot and humid. I have to admit, though, that I was shot the rest of the day.
It took all 3 days (Tuesday-Thursday) to get the floor done, but it looks great and I'm very happy with it.
Now Andy can put the cabinets back in on Friday and Saturday, as well as the appliances.
It's been an adventure washing dishes in the tub and eating out every evening. I had saved up a number of gift cards that we received at Christmas time so we're using them. So far, we've eaten at Panera's twice, Prospector's Grille once, Chipotle once. We still have a few more gift cards left, but I must confess that I'll be glad to eat a home cooked meal again.
I still have flowers blooming and am happy that the mountain laurel bushes I planted in the fall are doing well. Since moving to Mount Laurel, I've been wanting to plant some. If you live in Mount Laurel, you should have some mountain laurel bushes. It only seems right. But also, they bring back happy memories of the Pennsylvania mountains where those bushes are native and abundant. The variety I got are very pretty, I think.
This one got run over by one of our guests, but it is still bravely blooming.











2 comments:
wow, those are so pretty! The floor looks great, can't wait to see the finished product!
it's a process - I remember eating in a tiny cramped spot and I too got tired quickly of eating out - always prefer my own kitchen! you'll be so happy when it's all finished.
Post a Comment