Friday, May 25, 2012

Naomi's Turn

It will soon be Naomi's birthday and her turn for an overnight stay with Grammy and Poppop.  We decided to have her over 2 weeks early because of our work on the kitchen.  With it being torn apart, it would be difficult to do some of the things the kids like to do while they're here.  And I am planning to leave for my trip to Seattle on her birthday.

So I left work early on Monday to go get her and bring her back.  I am amazed at how much Naomi can talk.  Everything she says is interesting and I thoroughly enjoy our conversations.  She and I talked non-stop on the trip in the car, a whole hour and a half.  At one point, she stopped and told me that she was going to be quiet because Grace told her not to talk so much, that Grammy likes quiet!  I assured her that I have quiet all the time and I like her to talk to me.  So she did the rest of our time together.

She had requested chicken noodle soup for her special dinner and was a big help in getting it ready.
 
 Dawn and Tommy stopped by right at dinner time with Kira, so they visited with us and Naomi and Kira played.


 

When they left, we watched a movie (Disney's Robin Hood) and had a bowl of ice cream.  Naomi and I slept in the upstairs attic room but not before reading some Uncle Remus stories.

Tuesday morning, we made blueberry pancakes for breakfast, then Andy took Naomi to the church.  Dawn and Kira met them there and they played in the gym for an hour or so.

Dawn and Kira came back to the house with them and we watched a Veggie Tale video and the girls had a little more play time together.  Naomi and Kira really play well together.  It's heart warming to observe their interaction.  Notice their interaction as they watch tv (ha, ha!).
 

No visit to Grammy's is complete unless I can get my hands on the girl's hair.
 

After lunch, Andy and I took Naomi to the Camden Aquarium for the afternoon.  What a fun outing together.  I hadn't been to the Aquarium in many years and really enjoyed it.  We were able to observe and even touch the sting rays in a big tank.
 

The variety of fish is truly amazing. 

 

There were sharks of every size and lots of them.  The Camden Aquarium has a Shark Tunnel where you actually can walk through and have sharks swimming all around you, including over you.  It was a weird feeling.

There even were hippos.  They seem like such slow, lumbering creatures, but did you know they can actually run up to 18 miles an hour?
 
As we were leaving the Aquarium, Naomi posed on a surfboard.  I know the picture is blurred, but that is because she is moving so fast on the waves!

 
  All too soon, it was time to leave and we had to return her to her family.  We had dinner with them and visited for a while before heading back to our own home.

We had a good time and made some fun memories.   

No comments: