On Saturday, Christian came down again and Andrew, our college friend, also came over to help put things back together. With the 2 of them and Andy, they were able to get the cabinets all back in place, put all the hardware on and still have time left over. So they moved in the dishwasher, stove and refrigerator and hooked them all up. Andy's dad worked on the plumbing for the sink and dishwasher so it was a busy place on Saturday, but by evening, everything was up and running.
I spent all Sunday afternoon, wiping cabinets, then putting things back in them. It was exhausting and not at all a "day of rest." But I got everything organized and back together.
Yesterday and today our contractor was back installing the backsplash and the base around the bottom of the floor. He finished a little before noon.
This little thermostat is to regulate the heating mat under the tile floor so I can have warm feet in the winter while I make dinner! I can't wait to try it out!
So there are still some minor things that need to be done, but we're in and running. I can hardly believe it took as little time as it did for as much work as we did. I still have a lot of work to do. My whole house needs to be deep cleaned from ceiling to floor because of all the construction dust. But I'll do it as I get time and not stress out about it. (I hope I can keep from stressing out about it.)
With my kitchen off limits to me, I've been occupying myself with outside work. Fortunately, the weather has been beautiful and perfect. So here are some more flower pictures.
Gumpo pink azalea
3 yellow begonias that Christy gave me for Mother's Day
Blanket flowers
Sun drops
abelia
ice plant

















1 comment:
the kitchen looks awesome!!! It's so bright and cheery looking. That heated floor is awesome too! Your flowers look beautiful as always too :)
Post a Comment