Speaking of the love of God...the other night I was reading Psalm 136 to Andy. This psalm must have been a song because every verse includes the refrain: "His love endures forever." There are 26 verses in that psalm, so 26 times we're told His love endures forever. After I read a few verses, I stopped and asked Andy, "what do you think God is trying to tell us in this psalm?" He didn't know, so every time I got to "His love endures forever," I stopped, looked at him and said it. After another couple of verses, Andy said to me: "alright, already!" I told him I think God wants us to know His love never fails, it goes on and on.
Then today on the Christian radio station, someone was quoted as saying he was not proud of his love for God, but he was proud of God's love for him because it never fails. Amen!
| Franklin Parker Preserve, 2015 |
| Amico Island, 2015 |
| Boundary Creek, 2015 |
| Pakim Pond, 2015 |
Over a week ago, I took Andy to an appointment with his urologist for a cystoscopy. The appointment itself went well with some good results. The doctor was able to determine that his frequent uti's were not as a result of diseased bladder, kidneys, prostrate or urethra. The doctor said everything looks fine. His problem might be a result of the Parkinson's, but putting Andy on a maintenance drug might be the way to combat the problem. So far, it seems to be working. I was also wondering if the Alzheimer's might not be a contributing factor in the ongoing problem, as well. His brain is diseased and malfunctioning, and I'm sure this is affecting other parts of his body.
Andy has only been in the car 2-3 times in the last 9 months, so it shouldn't surprise me if he doesn't know what to do or how to get in the car. After our appointment, I walked with him to the car, taking him to the passenger side, then going back to the driver's side to unlock. While I was on the driver's side, he turned around and tried to get into the car next to ours. I told him that wasn't our car and to turn around, but that did not compute, and he continued to try the door of the other car. There was nothing to do but go over to him and physically take his hand off the car door, open our car door and tell him to get in. It still did not compute, and I was beginning to wonder if I did the right thing in taking him by myself. I had to get pretty firm in pushing him toward our car and into the seat. Once he was in, things were fine for the trip back to Care One.
Ever since returning from my vacation, I've been very tired. That led to low feelings and an inability to handle any little stress that came along. On Thursday morning, in an interaction with someone, they promised to pray for me. By the end of the day, my mood had lightened, and I couldn't remember why I had been feeling so bad.
In another instance, God showed me how much He is for me. A situation came up where I felt like I was being forced to do something I really didn't want to. I talked to the Lord about it, being willing to do it if that's what He wanted but just not feeling at peace about it. I had finally decided that I needed to speak up and not let this happen. But before I could take the next step, I got a phone call that told me the situation was resolved. How good of the Lord. He knows my frame. He knows how hard it is for me to say no to someone and in this instance, He came to my defense and worked it out. I can't tell you how grateful I am.
Romans 8:31 ~ "If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all - how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?"
Pastor's message this morning dealt with suffering in the world.There were many take-aways for me but I was especially struck with his statement that God is everywhere present, but "is NEAR to the brokenhearted." Psalm 34:18. So when we go through suffering, somehow God's presence is more felt and precious. He weeps with us, He ministers to us in ways that are compassionate, gracious and loving. He leads us to Himself through His kindness. He prays for us, sympathizes for us and understands.
Often our trials and difficulties cause us to understand on a deeper level the goodness of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment