Sunday, September 10, 2017

I happened upon a new song that really spoke to my soul. Although my sense of rhythm isn't that great, music moves me! Appropriate words and a catchy tune bless the heart like no sermon can. I had a choir director years ago, who often said: "He who sings, prays twice."

He Will
[Verse 1]
Heaven came and kissed the earth
Prophets long ago foretold His birth
He became the living word
To show the human heart its worth, oh-oh-oh-ohh

[Pre-Chorus]
Whether I'm in want or plenty
Whether I'm in health or ill
Our God promises His children
He will, He will

[Chorus]
He'll bind up the brokenhearted
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll set captives free from darkness
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll breathe hope into the hopeless
Help a restless soul be still
Oh-ohh, oh-ohh
He will, He will

[Verse 2]
He came to walk in truth and grace
Man of sorrows entered all our pain
On the cross, He took our place
Then He rose up out of the gra-a-ave

[Pre-Chorus]
Whether I'm in want or plenty
Whether I'm in health or ill
Our God promises His children
He will, He will

[Chorus]
He'll bind up the brokenhearted
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll set captives free from darkness
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll breathe hope into the hopeless
Help a restless soul be still
Oh-oh-ohh, oh-oh-ohh
He will, He will!

Oh-oh-ohh, ohhh-oh
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-ohh
Oh-oh-ohh, ohhh-oh
Oh-oh-ohhhh

[Bridge]
He'll give beauty for our ashes
He'll restore the oil of gladness
We will praise Him through our sadness
Until the promise is fulfilled
Oh-oh-ohh, oh-oh-ohh
He will, He will

 [Chorus]
He'll bind up the brokenhearted
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll set captives free from darkness
Oh He will, oh He will
He'll breathe hope into the hopeless
Help a restless soul be still
Oh-oh-ohh, oh-oh-ohh
He will, He will
Oh-oh-ohh, oh-oh-ohh
He will, He will

Psalm 147:3 ~ "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."

Luke 4:18 ~ "He has sent me (Jesus) to proclaim freedom for the [captives]." 

Psalm 42:5 ~ "Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God."

Philippians 4:11-13, 19 ~ "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstance. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength....And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."

As I listened to this song several times, with his many promises to be fulfilled ("I will"), I was reminded that he already has many times over:
  • bound up my wounded heart,
  • breathed hope into my hopelessness
  • stilled my restless soul
  • brought light to my darkness
  • provided for my needs 
So doesn't it seem reasonable to believe that since he's taken such good care of me in the past, he will also do so in the future and always.
Last weekend with the holiday, I decided I better make plans for my days so they wouldn't be so long and lonely. So on Sunday, I drove up to see Christy and her family. They had lots and lots of ripe tomatoes that needed to have something done with them, so I watched them work and helped a little while the tomatoes got peeled, mashed and cooked down for sauce. I loved seeing the family work together to accomplish this. I was also able to play a game or two with Claire and Asher before driving back home in time to visit Andy.

On Labor Day, I drove to a different part of Pennsylvania to see Amy and her gang. I had lunch with them, then drove with them to a craft store so Amy could pick up some materials for her art class she was teaching the next day. Again, I didn't stay long because I wanted to get back to see Andy.

I enjoyed just hanging out and doing life with both families while I was with them.

I didn't realize until afterwards that I had neglected to take any pictures of my time at both places. Grammy fail! I guess I'll just have to fall back on vacation pictures with Christy's kids. 






One of my favorite stories of Jesus is when he healed the paralyzed man let down through the roof by his friends. Jesus first told the man his sins were forgiven. This shocked the Pharisees because as they said, no one can forgive sins but God. How right they were! And then to prove Jesus had the power of God, he also healed the man. Every time I read this story, I think it's a beautiful illustration of Psalm 103:3 where David, the Psalmist, says that we are not to forget the Lord's benefits - "He forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases." And this is truly something to praise God about. 

Another song I heard this week (Tell Your Heart to Beat Again):

"Let every heartbreak and every scar
Be a picture that reminds you
Who has carried you this far
'Cause love sees farther than you ever could
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good."
Tell Your Heart to Beat Again, Written by Matthew West, Bernie Herms, Randy Phillips • Copyright © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, Capitol Christian Music Group

No comments: