Sunday, April 30, 2017

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrew 13:20-21)

He equips us with everything good for doing his will. Everything! Has anything been omitted? Is there any more I desire? Is there any more equipment I require in order to live to the full for the Lord? The promise says I have everything.

"And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." (1 Peter 5:10) 

"May God Himself, the God of Peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24) 

He calls us to an impossible task - to be holy and blameless - but then He does that very work Himself through us. 

By living His life through me, He enables me to be pleasing in His sight. He also gives me the grace to endure the difficult things I encounter in this life. The amazing reality is that I'm not just "enduring," but experiencing the joy He gives just by knowing Him.

Andy seemed to be doing better by the end of the week, and I thought his infection was under control. But I just got back from visiting him, and he is saying he is feeling lousy again. He finished up his antibiotic yesterday so it must not have killed the bacteria that caused his infection.

I had a meeting with some of the personnel at Care One. I'm very happy with their care. I met more for just talking, having a conversation and getting some counsel for my own peace of mind. I expressed the fact that I was feeling a bit "stretched." After all, I'm still working, taking care of the house and yard, and trying to get over to see Andy every day. They told me I didn't need to feel like I have to be there every day. Andy seems pretty contented at this point, and it doesn't seem to register if I'm there or not. Yes, he still knows who I am and when I'm there, he expresses thanks and appreciation for my being there. But he doesn't sit around and wonder where I am, or seem to notice if I miss a day here and there. 

I was able to fit in a number of fun activities this week. On Wednesday afternoon, I babysat Dawn's kids so she could have a couple of hours to herself. It was a nice day so I got out the bikes and stroller, and we set off for our adventure.



Both girls are really fast on their bikes, although Kasey went a little too fast down a hill and her bike toppled over. Grammy fail!



Thankfully, her teeth were unaffected, and it was just a cut on the lip. I'm sure it still hurt, though. She cried a little, but over all, was very brave. I had to keep Kira from being too dramatic about BLOOD! But we all survived.

On Friday, I met up with Christy and her kids at Morris Arboretum. It was a beautiful day - couldn't have been better. And we love that place. 











My phone said we had walked about 3 miles by the time we were getting ready to leave. And a certain little 5 year old was getting tired. Unfortunately, the stroller had a flat tire so it was impossible for anyone to get a ride in it. So I took pity on her and offered to piggy back her. When she climbed on my back, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get up. But after a few attempts I made it. It turned out to be quite a workout because the going was all up hill!


I was a little surprised that I wasn't displaying any allergy symptoms while walking around so long outdoors, but on the way home, I started sneezing. Then I commenced with the nose blowing. Well, at least it didn't bother me until afterwards.

Yesterday, Saturday morning, I met a friend to do a little hiking. She had never been to the Black Run Preserve, so I took her over there. Fortunately, we started early enough because it got pretty hot and humid by the time we were finished. 



I was feeling a little tired in the morning when I got up, but after a cup of coffee, I perked up. By the end of our hike, though, I was feeling so exhausted, I was wondering if I was getting sick. After I had my lunch, I decided to lie down, and I slept for an hour. I got up, but still felt awful and lay down again. Believe it or not, I slept the rest of the day. I didn't eat anything for supper, called Care One to let them know I wouldn't be coming over and to let Andy know, then went back to bed and slept till this morning. 

I was wondering what in the world was the matter with me, but think it must be allergy related. There is a lot of pollen out there right now, and I was out in nature for two days. 

I've been reading through Randy Alcorn's 50 Days of Heaven. One of the things he mentions that has been such an incredible thought is that God will one day, restore the earth. This earth will one day be redeemed, restored, renewed, reconciled, recovered, regenerated, resurrected....(Lots of re- words) Randy Alcorn says that "God has never given up on his original creation." 

Randy goes on to say, "God has never surrendered his title deed to the earth. He owns it--and he will not relinquish it to his enemies. In fact, Scripture tells us that 'the reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work'. (1 John 3:8)"

All the beauty we enjoy now in and on this earth, will be so much better on the new earth. I really like thinking about that while I'm out in nature. It's especially comforting to think that on the new earth I will not suffer from allergic reactions or tick and mosquito bites. And that really will be Paradise!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Allergies can really wipe you out! I was so exhausted after we got back Friday and Saturday, too. Glad you were able to get all the sleep though.