Sometimes, as long as we are enduring the miseries of time here on earth, it's good to remember that the bright spots. Andy and I had many wonderful trips that we took in the years he was in ministry. We had a Southwest credit card and were able to accumulate enough points to be able to fly free anywhere in the U.S. Those were happy times enjoying the beauty of God's creation.
![]() |
| Rocky Mountain National Park |
![]() |
| Ricketts Glen |
![]() | |
| Pacific Ocean on Oahu Coast |
Oh, how I need to set my mind on things above today because circumstances at the moment are bad - very bad. Both Saturday and Sunday, Andy has been in distress. I'm not sure what the problem is because he can't verbalize it to me. He says he feels bad and he looks it. His hand is shaking constantly - it must be exhausting. And I feel bad because I can't fix the problem. I called the doctor to see if I could move up his appointment. His next appointment isn't till Oct. 18th, but the secretary said the doctor was booked solid. I really don't know how we can wait that long.
It's been a very long two days. And I'm wondering if he is up for going to The Tender tomorrow. I guess we'll make that decision tomorrow morning.
On top of all that, yesterday morning I woke up to a broken down refrigerator. When I opened the door, the light did not go on. Everything was still cold inside so it must have just happened. I called service but it was Saturday and they were closed. However, surprise - a guy called me this morning to tell me he'd be out tomorrow to see what the problem is.
Fortunately, we have a full refrigerator for the upstairs apartment and it is practically empty. I was able to move everything to that refrigerator/freezer and didn't lose any food. Yeah!
On the same day's reading as the quote above by Andrew Murray, he mentioned that it might be worthwhile to make a study of the place that the word continual ought to have in our life. And these are good thoughts to ponder.
"First, there is the continual streaming forth of the infinite love of God towards men. Then follows the continual, unalterable dependence on God every moment of our life. And after that, the continual receiving of goodness and happiness from God alone, as well as the continual mortification of our evil nature. This is followed by the continual and immediate inspiration of the Holy Spirit maintaining the life of Christ in us. Last, it is the continual longing of the heart expressed in prayer, and a continual love of Him that burns like the lamps in the tabernacle.
What a God we have who continually showers us with his love, grace, mercy and peace. He never tires of our neediness but actually encourages us to bombard his throne with our petitions and pleas. Great is his faithfulness. I remember when our children were little and needy, sometimes I would be so tired of the "mommy, mommy, mommy" all day long. But God never gets tired of us. Isn't that awesome?
I'm reminded of a song that Casting Crowns sings which has a section that says: "Joy unspeakable, faith unsinkable, love unstoppable, anything is possible."
Lord, I come, I confess
Bowing here I find my rest
Without You I fall apart
You're the One that guides my heart
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Teach my song to rise to You
When temptation comes my way
And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You
Jesus, You're my hope and stay
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You
Songwriters: DANIEL CARSON, MATT MAHER, JESSE REEVES, KRISTIAN STANFILL, CHRISTY NOCKELS



No comments:
Post a Comment