We hadn't been to see C & C for a long time because we have to drive major highways to get there. And Andy and I have not had good experiences with that since his illness.
But Claire had a birthday yesterday and it was important to celebrate such a momentous occasion. Christy had originally said they would come down to us (she's so thoughtful), but they will be making the trip twice this month, so I thought - "you know...we just need to conquer our angst in the car."
So I talked to Andy about it and we both agreed we would relax and not get uptight on the trip. I found that it helps to put on a cd and listen. I think it helps to distract him from my driving (not that I drive like a maniac!). We ended up with a calm and pleasant trip today.
We left after church and arrived at Christy's by 12:30. She served us lunch and we listened to the kids play pieces on the piano. They are all really good, even Asher, who just started this fall with lessons.
Claire was adding to the "music" by tooting the horn. She was so confident she was doing a good job and not too happy when the older kids wanted her to stop!
She had started taking violin lessons and when I asked her how that was going, she told me she wasn't taking lessons any more because she wasn't "cooperating" - her word! Well, she is only 4 - maybe in another year or two she'll be ready to practice and cooperate!
We had carrot cake for dessert, then Claire opened her present from us. She loves her princess dress.
No comments:
Post a Comment