Saturday, December 1, 2012

The End of Fall

About a week ago, I took a turn about the property and was amazed at how much color was still around.  This maple tree started out only a few years ago as a tiny 2-3 foot stick we bought from the National Arbor Foundation (10 trees for $10).  I can't believe how big it got.




And the roses, pansies, violas and mums are still blooming on the first of December.  Of course, it might help that the weather is quite mild, up into the 50's today.


  

We are managing to keep busy.  There is always lots to do.  Andy has been working hard at getting ready for the Living Nativity.  I don't know how he gets it all done.  It is such a huge undertaking and this year, there were more details than usual because the township and fire officials were involved.  We had to get all kinds of extra permits, have extra inspections, and a hundred details needed to be taken care of.  But here we are on Day 1.  People are already coming with 30 minutes before starting time. 

I have been a Nativity widow every Saturday since the beginning of October.  But I'm excited about people coming to see the true meaning of Christmas.  There's such a spirit of excitement among the cast and people who are hosting and serving.  What a wonderful opportunity.

This last Thursday, Andy and I went to see the Lindsay kids sing in their homeschool choir.  What an amazing program of Christmas music.  Those kids were awesome.  The choir directors were highly qualified and produced some excellent music from the kids.  It wasn't a music program to endure like some school programs!  It truly was awesome!

Little Claire was eating pizza before the concert.

 Asher loves playing with Poppop.

Here are the singers.


Then this morning, a friend invited some of her friends to her house for a Christmas brunch.  What fun to go and enjoy good food, as well as spending relaxing time with people I love.  She has a gift for decorating and hostessing.  She made all the food and her presentation was lovely and delicious.




I've been buying Christmas presents and am well on my way, just a few little things left to get.  So come on December and Christmas!

No comments: