Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tuesday is normally Andy's day off but he had some outside work he wanted to do and because it was going to rain on Tuesday, he decided to work then and take off near the end of the week. Thursday and Friday ended up being beautiful spring days and he was able to accomplish a lot.

Several weeks ago, he had called the township building inspector to come inspect the front porch, and believe it or not, he failed us because the steps were more than 3/8 inch different in their heights. Well, that was not Andy's fault because he didn't do the concrete work. But he had to fix it if he wanted to pass a final inspection. So he worked at making the one step higher so that they were equal in height. After all, we wouldn't want any of our friends (or the UPS man) to come over and trip and fall on our uneven steps.

He also did the parging work on the concrete walls under the siding on the front of the house and around the porch. Doesn't it look nice?I hope we pass the building inspection, then we can finally finish the landscaping and walkway.

On Saturday morning, Andy organized a bike ride with about 6 other people, going about 30 miles on south Jersey back country roads. I did laundry and some grocery shopping. Then around 11:00 we left for another birthday party. Aiden turned 6 years old on Friday. It was fun being with the kids again.

Asher is getting around pretty good.Patrick helped with unloading the dishwasher.
Naomi asked me to take her picture
and made a very special funny face.

Aiden is trying to think of a wish before he blows out the candles.Grace is "helping" Aiden blow out the candles.
Our trees and flowers are so beautiful right now and I couldn't resist taking more pictures of different areas of our yard.

The weeping cherry
creeping phloxviolets I found by accident (I didn't know we had any.)star magnolia bushwhite bleeding hearts
All the beauty of springtime reminds me of the beauty of our God who created all this. And God saw that all He had made was GOOD!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I can hardly believe Aiden is 6! How fun that you were able to go up there again. Your porch looks great as well as your flowers. I just love weeping cherry trees

Nancy Yoder said...

I think your front porch looks great and the flowers are so pretty. I think God "outdid" Himself when He made springtime. It's my favorite time of the year, with new flowers every week. I think wisteria will be beautiful this year. I think the buds are flowers and not leaves. Glad you could be with your "grands"

judy said...

That Andy, he's so handy! Everything looks great. Did you know the ability to roll one's tongue is hereditary - that lucky Naomi - what talent!