Thursday, April 23, 2009

On Tuesday, Christy had an appointment with Patrick and asked if I could babysit the other kids. Well, Christy, twist my arm!!! The appointment was at 1:00, so I used the morning to make a cheesecake. We had another staff birthday this week and her favorite cake is cheesecake. It turned out very tasty, especially with the strawberry sauce I made. We didn't eat it all up at the party and were able to bring some home to enjoy again!Anyway, when I got to Christy's, the kids and I had lunch. I can't really say I made it for them since Grace is pretty self-sufficient - the beginnings of a little homemaker. She scrambled eggs for everyone while I made toast.

It was such a nice day that I didn't read very many books, which is usually our favorite thing to do. When Asher woke up from his nap, we all went outside and played on the trampoline.
We also played for a while in their "fort" which is actually an empty shed (a nice shed). Christy put their play kitchen and fake food in there for them and they had fun making me"tea" and "treats."Aren't they beautiful children! Notice the aprons on the girls! Too cute!

While I was gone, Andy worked on the front porch and when the inspector came on Wednesday, we passed! Yeah! All done. Next week we're hoping to get some bushes and mulch and finish it off.

I scrubbed the screens for our kitchen window and put them in. It's getting warmer and we'll probably soon want to open the windows for some nice spring air. After we put them in, though, a goldfinch came to our bird feeder. I took a picture but it's not as good as the pictures I took this winter without the screens. I was so happy to see the goldfinch I had to take the picture, screen and all.
I have a very busy weekend coming up. More on that later.

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

I put out some of the finch sleeves full of thistle seed one day and ever since they have been "feasting"- sometimes four at a time. I need to figure out how to get their picture from my dining room. I have their feeding "sleeves" on the deck.

Alison said...

Cute pictures of the kids! Christy has such beautiful children!!

Christy said...

I am so glad you take pictures of our kiddos and chronicle when you come over because I am such a a slacker. O.K. not really. Just don't have a lot of time to blog. :)

judy said...

Loved seeing the pix of the kids - they're so cute. I envy you being so close by.