I've been listening to Lauren daigle on the radio, singing, Noel.
Noel
Love incarnate, love divine
Star and angels gave the sign
Bow to babe on bended knee
The Savior of humanity
Unto us a child is born
He shall reign forevermore.
Noel, noel
Come and see what God has done
Noel, noel
The story of amazing love!
The light of the world, given for us
Noel
Son of God and Son of man
There before the world began
Born to suffer, born to save
Born to raise us from the grave
Christ the everlasting Lord
He shall reign forevermore
Noel, noel
Come and see what God has done
Noel, noel
The story of amazing love!
The light of the world, given for us
Noel
songwriters: Edmond Martin Cash, Matthew James Redman, Christopher D. Tomlin; Noel lyrics © Capitol Christian Music Group
Because of Christmas, we have so much to be thankful for. God is with us, the best gift of all.
We had our family Christmas celebration, party time, yesterday. All the kids and grandkids were here, everyone except Andy. As usual, we had lots to eat and good, fun conversation.
The kids initiated on their own a white elephant gift exchange.
After we ate, we opened our gifts to each other. Cole was the youngest so he opened his first. He liked what he got, but the anticipation was just as fun for me.
The little girls had fun tattooing everyone, especially Cole. He was a willing subject for them. I think he ended up with 9 tattoos all over himself.
Earlier in the week, I was able to attend a Christmas play that Kira was starring in. She was Mrs. Claus and did a great job with her lines and acting.
Andy has seemed subdued every
night this week when I visited. I made it a point to make notes after each time
I saw him. By the end of the week when I update, it's hard to remember the
details of each visit. The days and nights run together.
Every evening this week was
pretty much the same: significant tremors in his right hand and chin. His left
hand is also shaking and sometimes his right foot. He seemed subdued though.
This is a change from several weeks ago when his tremors really bothered him
and caused him anxiety. On Tuesday evening, there was a madrigal group of local
high schoolers who put on a program for the residents of the care facility. I
wasn't sure if Andy would be interested but he sat quietly through the whole
program. That was a change, too, from other groups who've performed there.
Maybe this is the next phase in the progression of his disease.
He is still trying to talk to
me. One evening he told me he was really tired. A little later he said he was
going to go to the church to sleep. Then as I was leaving, he asked me if I was
going to my class. Another evening, he said something, but I couldn't
understand because his words were indistinct and didn't make sense. When I told
him I didn't understand what he had said, he said he didn't either.
It would be easy to become
negative; in fact, I was convicted this week that that was my mental attitude.
I have so much to be thankful for, even over and above the greatest gift of
all: Jesus Himself. He is all I need, but He has also given me so much in this
life to enjoy.
I've been struck by the
phrase everyone uses to each other at this season: Merry Christmas. In a lot of
ways, Christmas is hard. Hard because of circumstances. Loved ones who are
precious to us are no longer a part of our celebrations. How can we be merry
with all the sickness and death that we experience? We can be merry, happy,
joyful because this life is not where our hope lies. Because Jesus came as a
helpless, dependent baby, to be one of us, to die for our sins, rescuing us
from sin's control, promising eternal life with him forever, we have HOPE. And
that is something to be merry about, sing, shout and dance and celebrate about.
Just A Baby
Breathe, just breathe
I can hear the chaos outside
All the fear that fills up my mind
Peace, You bring me peace
The kind that I have never known
To face the journey we are on
Here inside this stable, on this cold December night
I wrap my arms around You, hold my miracle so tight
A baby, You're just a baby
Who came to change the world
And save the hearts of everyone
King above all kings, hear the angels sing
You're worshipped and adored
'Cause You are so much more than just a baby
Hands, tiny little hands
One day You will heal the scars
Of every broken heart
Love, oh, how You'll love
From now and through eternity
Love will be Your legacy
But right now in this stable, on this cold December night
I'll wrap my arms around You and keep You safe tonight
A baby, You're just a baby
Who came to change the world
And save the hearts of everyone
King above all kings, hear the angels sing
You're worshipped and adored
'Cause You are so much more than just a baby
Round yon virgin Mother and child
Holy infant so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace
(Sleep in heavenly peace)
People came from near and far
Following the star to see Your face
Baby, You're just a baby
Who came to change the world
And save the hearts of everyone
King above all kings, hear the angels sing
You're worshipped and adored
'Cause You are so much more than just a baby
You're more than just a baby, yes
You're more than just a baby
Songwriters: Mallory Hope / Molly Reed; Just A Baby lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music,
Inc, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC
"For God so loved the
world, that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall
not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16


No comments:
Post a Comment