Monday, June 8, 2015

Music is a Gift

St. Augustine is credited as having said, "He who sings prays twice." Music certainly helps to lift my spirits and set my thoughts and heart on the right focus. I am always so uplifted from singing on Sunday mornings with fellow worshipers.

This morning was no exception. I was especially ministered to by the song, Complete.

Complete by Andrew Ulugia
Here I am, O God, I bring this sacrifice,
My open heart, I offer up my life.
I look to You, Lord,
Your love that never ends
Restores me again.

Chorus:
So I lift my eyes to You, Lord,
In Your strength will I break through, Lord.
Touch me now,
Let Your love fall down on me.
I know Your love dispels all my fears.
Through the storm I will hold on, Lord,
And by faith I will walk on, Lord.
Then I'll see beyond my Calvary one day,
And I will be complete in You.
Thinking about the love of God really does restore me, gives me the strength to continue on this journey that He's called me to.

The last two days have been absolutely gorgeous spring days. I took the effort to spray jeans and sneakers with permethrin and I'm really glad I did. Both days we went to parks we'd been to before but they seemed new and more interesting because this time there were leaves on the trees. They seemed like new parks. 

Boundary Creek Park
 
 It looks like we're walking through a green tunnel!

The first thing I noticed yesterday was the sweetness of the air. mmm-mmm. There were all kinds of flowers blooming everywhere and then I saw the honeysuckle. That is what made the air smell so good.




 
 
Today we revisited a favorite not far from our house. 

Long Bridge Park











more honeysuckle

Well, so much for my theory of using bug spray to repel the ticks. I just found one on me. Ugh!

But there just is no comparison to the difference between the gray, gloomy hikes in wintertime to the glorious green of spring. Not only did the air smell so sweet with a cool gentle breeze, but the birds were singing and trilling for our listening enjoyment.

Pastor's message this morning was titled:  Courageous Living in Turbulent Times. He is starting a new series on the book of Daniel. I like the title and have decided that I need to live courageously in my own difficult times. 300 times in the Bible, God commands us/people to not be afraid. And he always couples the encouragement with the promise that he is with us. He will never leave us or forsake us but is with us every step of the way. His presence presumes and assures his grace and enablement to endure with strength and courage.

Job 35:10..."God my Maker, who gives songs in the night..." 

He has given me a reason to sing. 

Nehemiah 8:10..."The joy of the Lord is my strength."

 Psalm 89:1 ... "I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."

No comments: