After the emotional trauma of Andy's illness last week, this week was a lot more enjoyable. Amy came down Monday afternoon with her kiddos, visited a little before taking off and leaving Chase with us for an overnight stay.
His birthday was the 20th and he is now 9 years old. How time flies. What a treasure he is and we had a very good time loving on him. He is such an interesting little boy. He loves playing army with his little soldier men. He and Andy did some shooting at a target they made.
He also is quite a talker and carries on a good conversation including many details. So he was a little ray of sunshine in our week.
We watched some videos, had barbeque chicken pizza for dinner with ice cream for dessert. We slept upstairs in the attic room, but first we had to read Uncle Remus stories before turning out the light.
On Tuesday, we watched another couple of movies, then went over to the church and played in the gym for a while.
After lunch we took him to the USS Battleship New Jersey. We had taken Aiden there several years ago so I knew what to expect. I had a feeling Chase would really enjoy exploring the ship.
The ship is unbelievably huge as you can see by how dwarfed Chase is in front of these giant guns!
We had a bit of an adventure. At one point, I looked behind me and didn't see Andy. Chase and I backtracked for a while and couldn't find him. We turned around and did some searching but came up empty. Finally, we turned a corner and met a family who asked if we were looking for a "man." They said he had gone up ahead. I could see him on a lower deck so off we went to catch up with him. I think we had been going too fast, sometimes he lags behind. But it turned out okay. We were still on the ship so there was the likelihood that sooner or later, we'd meet up again.
From the ship, we drove Chase back home to Lancaster County. We had a wonderful visit with Amy and family, she fed us a delicious dinner that ended with strawberry pie! Yummy!
I felt good the rest of the week. It helped that Andy is feeling well again and back to "normal."
Today is Father's Day. Andy has been a wonderful dad to our own three daughters, and we are grateful they all married well with 3 sons-in-law who are also wonderful dads to their own children.

No comments:
Post a Comment