Sunday was Mother’s Day and Andy’s birthday, so we shared
the holiday. All our kids and grandkids
came down to spend the day with us. We
all attended church together, then had lunch at our house.
I had prepared the meal on Saturday, so it was just a matter
of heating it up and getting the table ready.
All the sons-in-law were helpful in getting the extra leaves in the
table and bringing up the extra tables and chairs from the basement, while the
kids played and the girls and I prepared the salads and dessert.
Doesn't Amy look like she's up to something!
Grrammy's rolls are a big hit.
The men and kids played outside after lunch - it was such a beautiful day - while the girls and I stayed at the table and chatted. Since neither Christy or Amy will be able to attend my graduation, they talked me into modeling my cap and gown.
Happy Mother's Day - with my 3 girls!
2 comments:
I just realized that we never sang happy birthday to Dad. We were so distracted by the play and mother's day and the kids that we totally forgot. I feel like such a dufus! Sorry Dad!! You will need to sing to him for us Mom. :)
Yeah...he kind of did get lost in the shuffle. I thought of that, too, later. Fortunately, I don't think he noticed either!
Post a Comment