Wednesday, May 8, 2013

No More Teachers, No More Books


My classes are over and looking back, I’m so glad I committed to then persevered through this experience.  I learned a lot about the subject matter which was the best part.  The difficult part was being stretched to write the papers, putting into some kind of coherent form what I had learned.  I literally agonized over those papers, but I lived to tell about it!  I guess the agony was worth it because I did get A’s in all my papers, a couple of them even as good as 100%.  I must confess I was very surprised at that grade.  I mean, really, in my mind, 100% is perfect and the paper certainly wasn’t perfect.  But apparently, the professor was happy with my effort.

Anyway, it’s all over now but the shouting!  Graduation is May 18th.

Meanwhile, I feel like I’ve got my life back.  On Monday after work, I took Andy’s truck and bought 10 forsythia bushes.  When Andy got home from work, we planted them along the border of our property and the neighbor’s.  I know the forsythias have passed their time for blooming this year, but I expect next year there will be a beautiful wall of yellow to enjoy.

And yesterday, Andy and I went over to the Morris Arboretum, meeting up with Christy and her kids for several hours.  It was a lovely day for a stroll through the gardens.  It was cloudy with periods of sun.  Then when we left at 2:00, it started raining while we were driving away.  So that was good timing!






 
 



There is nothing so therapeutic for the busyness of life than walking through beautiful gardens with people you love.

1 comment:

Katy said...

LOL, only you would argue about getting a 100% :P

Those Forsythia are going to be awesome! I always love seeing them all big and full as borders. Morris looked so nice and green too, bummed I missed it this time. Wow, those Azalea's were huge!