Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas Chronicles

It was a very busy holiday season.  So busy, in fact, that Andy and I are quite exhausted and are now battling bad colds.  Andy had a bad cough first, but thought it was only allergies.  Unfortunately for me, he was wrong and I caught it, too.  Too much partying, I guess!

So to chronicle our doings since last post:

Saturday, Dec. 22 - our nephew, Mark got married in North East, MD and we went to witness the happy event.  All my brothers and sisters and my mother were there so it was somewhat of a reunion.

Sunday, Dec. 23 - Church in the morning, relax in the afternoon and evening.

Monday, Dec. 24 - We worked in the office all day.  I had my regular Monday work (cleaning up from Sunday) as well as preparing for the Christmas Eve service and trying to work ahead because of the holiday.  I didn't go home at all that day till after the second Christmas Eve service.  (Pastors and wives have to attend both the 5:00 & 7:00 Christmas Eve services because they give us our Christmas bonus then.)

Tuesday, Dec. 25 - Christmas Day - Andy and I decided to go hiking since it was a crisp clear day.  We went down to Pakim Pond in Wharton State Forest.  Because of all the pines, the forest still had plenty of green which is quite pretty against the blue sky.


so peaceful and serene


Wednesday, Dec. 26 - Took this day as our holiday and went to breakfast with Andy's Mom & Dad at their favorite coffee shop.

Thursday & Friday, Dec. 27 & 28 - worked in the office extra hours to make up for the holiday.

Saturday, Dec. 29 - our anniversary - 39 wonderful years.  What better way to celebrate than to have all our kids and grandkids over!  Amy & Ricky willingly went and got my mother so she could join us for the day.  We had a Christmas Brunch with French toast casserole, baked oatmeal, salmon quiche, bacon wrapped sausages and of course, lots of munchies:  fruit and dip, crackers and cheese ball, veggies and dip.

Another little helper


After the brunch we opened our presents.  I think the kids were happy with what they got!
waiting patiently

My Little Pony barn was a big hit!






Sunday, Dec. 30 - Went to church in the morning, home for our usual Sunday lunch of waffles and omelets, then took Mother home.  When we got there, I helped her take down her tree and made her pictures scroll on her computer.  Andy shoveled her walk because they had snow in PA.  We got nothing but rain here in Jersey.


Monday, Dec. 31 - worked all day, tried to work ahead because of taking off for New Year's Day.  We were invited to join our singles friends for a New Year's Eve party with dinner and games.  We had our coats on and were walking out the door, when we looked at each other and wondered what we were doing going out because we both were so exhausted and Andy wasn't feeling well, either.  So we turned around and hung out at home and went to bed early.  A great way to ring in the new year, by the way!

Tuesday, Jan 1, 2013 - We went up to C & C 's so Andy could help Christian put in a new ceiling in their kitchen.  It was hard work but they got a lot accomplished.  I had fun visiting with Christy and reading to the kids.

Wednesday, Jan. 2 - went grocery shopping first thing in the morning, then over to Dawn's by 11:00 to babysit Kira while Dawn went for her surgery.  She didn't get home till 4:00, then the doctor didn't want her to be alone, so Andy came over and we ate with her and Kira and left afterwards.  The doctors are very hopeful and think their surgery was wildly successful this time.

Thursday, Jan. 3 - I went to work but didn't feel well all day.  I had so much to do but was able to accomplish much.  By evening, though, I had a super-duper sore throat.  I took some fermented cod liver oil that Dawn had given me and believe it or not, the next day, my sore throat was better.

However, I still don't feel very well.  I'm congested and have a fever of 100.4 degrees tonight (Saturday).

I guess all this activity was too much for me.  Well, it was a lot of fun while it lasted.  So now I have to deal with reality.  Ugh!

2 comments:

Christy said...

It's inevitable that you got sick after all that craziness! Phew! Take extra cod liver oil and rest up!

Katy said...

busy, busy, busy! No wonder you're sick! I hope you feel better soon <3