Friday, May 11, 2012

I was busy at work this week.  There's a golf tournament scheduled for May 22 that I'm administering.  And this Sunday Dawn's children's musical is being performed.  So there was an all church mailing to go out on Monday, then details to check for the bulletin and program.  And I decided to order the carnations for Mother's Day from an online website this year.  I was promised that they would arrive by Thursday.  They did arrive Thursday afternoon, all 800 of them.  When they arrived, I had to clip all the ends of the stems (of all 800!) and put them in water.  Hopefully, they'll open up and look perfect for Sunday.  Don't they look great!
Tuesday was a nice break from working at church.  I babysat Kira all morning.  She is such an interesting, fun child.  She made the agenda and I just did whatever she told me.  She wanted her cd put on, then when the music was playing, told me to dance.  I'm glad no one else was in the house because I am not a good dancer.  Thankfully, she is too little to care.  We blew bubbles outside for a while.  Then I took her bike outside and she had fun riding in the driveway and the deck.  It was a beautiful spring day. 
 
We also sat in the car for a while.  She looked at her books until she discovered my phone.  Then it was press buttons and look at pictures.  I really think she is better at taking pictures than I am.  She knows how to click, click, click. Here she is making a funny face.
 

In the afternoon, my interior designer friend came over and we put up some pictures on the wall above the tv.  I am very excited about having these pictures on display.  They are of places we've been and are associated with happy memories.  What pleasure it will be to sit on the couch and look at all those beautiful mountains, meadows, canyons, lakes, fjords, God's glorious creation.  The heavens declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

 
 Oh the places we've been:  Norway, Rocky Mountain National Park, Big Sur, Bryce Canyon, Moosehead Lake, Canyonlands National Park...



 Happy Mother's Day to all my dear mommy daughters and friends!  It's a wonderful blessing and privilege to be a mom to 3 daughters and 9 grandchildren (so far!!!).

No comments: