Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Andy's BIrthday & Mother's Day

Andy's birthday this year was the day before Mother's Day.  It was a Saturday and we did our usual Saturday things.  He went for a bike ride first thing in the morning with 3 other friends.  I think they rode about 35 miles.  The rest of the day he spent in working around the house.  He did a project for his mom and dad and then in the afternoon, he scrubbed the deck.  It was pretty dirty and moldy from the winter, but it looks great now.

I spent the day doing laundry, then preparing for Sunday.  We had planned for Christy and her family to come down for morning church, then stay the afternoon.  Dawn was involved in the production of our church's children's musical being performed this weekend.  After the last performance, she and Tommy and Kira would also come to our house for the day.

From past experience, I knew it would be better if I could prepare the food the day before the event, so I could concentrate on enjoying the people, instead of being frazzled about getting all the food ready.  So I made a carrot cake (for the birthday boy!), broccoli salad and Greek pasta salad and rolls.  I also marinaded chicken.  So when we got home from church, all we had to do was put the chicken on the grill, then carry all the other food to the table.




Dawn was really tired from the weekend.  Her children's musical was performed 3 times:  6:00 pm on Saturday evening, then 9:00 am & 11:00 am on Sunday morning.  The kids were terrific and did a great job in both acting and singing.  The story was about Zacchaeus and Bartimaeus meeting Jesus and was clever and humorous at points.

We was a fun day and we enjoyed the afternoon together.  We were sorry Amy couldn't be with us, though, and missed her cheerfulness and fun ways.  Here is the afternoon in pictures:













1 comment:

Christy said...

We had such a great time. Thanks for having us up. Ugh, why does Christian have to make goofy faces in every picture!!? At least Claire is cute. :) That girl is adorable and I am not just biased!