But we made up for lost time and managed to fit in a lot while he was here. I went up to get him, leaving work a little early on Friday afternoon. We got back in time for me to make 2 pizzas for dinner. While I was making the meal, Andy and Asher shot the bb gun at some targets they made.
I didn't get any pictures of that because I was busy inside, and they didn't stay outside long enough for me to get out there. I think they came in when they did because it was pretty hot.
After dinner we watched a movie, Mary Poppins. That one is a long one, and Andy didn't stay up till the end. Of course, we had to have our ice cream treat while watching.
Then up to bed in our apartment, reading stories to bring on the sleepy eyes. The next morning was so pleasant and beautiful, we decided to go for a hike right after breakfast. We went over to Smithville Park and walked around the lake, then took a trail we had never tried before.
The trail went up the hill and meandered along above the lake. The temperature was in the lower 70's with a gentle breeze. It was such a gorgeous summer morning, made all the more enjoyable by having a 7 year old boy along.
When we got back, Asher helped me make an apple dessert. He worked diligently and patiently at mixing the crumb topping to get it completely and thoroughly mixed while I peeled all the apples.
After lunch we fit in some swimming at a neighbor's pool. Unfortunately, we didn't stay very long because there were some very bad bugs that kept biting Andy and Asher while they were in the pool.
Asher wanted to ride bikes so I gave Andy permission to ride (ha, ha!). They rode to the church, around the parking lot, then back. I breathed a sigh of relief when they returned - that they were safe.
We had time for lots of games and silliness.
The rest of the family joined us for dinner, after which I read some stories to Claire. And she was happy to pose for pictures with Grammy and PopPop.
It was a beautiful ending to a lovely day.
No comments:
Post a Comment