I left work early on Monday and went to collect Chase. We got to our house in time to have pizza for supper, then watching a movie accompanied with a bowl of ice cream.
We all woke up early on Tuesday morning, so while Andy and I were showering and getting ready for the day, Chase watched a couple of Veggie Tales videos.
Andy's dad had rented a cabin at Atsion Lake for the week, so that made it a convenient thing to do on Tuesday morning. We took Chase down there and he was very happy with his bb gun all morning while Andy and I relaxed on the porch with Dad.
Andy gave him lessons on how to shoot the gun to get skippers with the bb's and that occupied Chase for a long while.
At one point, a chipmunk darted across in front of us, so that gave Chase another line of interest. He waited patiently for a little while, then took to roaming the "woods," stalking his prey.
It was a pleasant, still morning - perfect for sitting at the lake, watching a 7 year old boy enjoy his gun. I had packed our lunch, so we ate that before heading on back home. When we got back, Andy had to get a blood test done, so Chase and I played some games. I taught him Chutes and Ladders (which he loved because he beat me twice) and Parcheesi (which he seemed to enjoy until the end, when I beat him).
All too soon, our time with Chase came to an end and we had to return him to his parents. But we took along his birthday presents, as well as Joanna's gift since her birthday is only a week away.
Joanna with her new scooter...I think she likes it!
Katy was quite enamored with Andy's Father's Day card. She has the cutest giggle and I love those dimples. I thought she would cry when we took it with us. I would have let her keep it, but Amy insisted we take it. But when I got home, I put it in the toy box so she'll be able to enjoy it again.









No comments:
Post a Comment