I guess because of cabin fever, Andy and I have been getting out and hiking. The above pictures were taken at the Boundary Creek County Park about a week ago. It was still chilly, but at least the sun was shining, which makes all the difference in the way a person feels about nature and life in general!
My first class is over and done. I worked all Easter weekend on the final paper. It was quite a sacrifice to spend Good Friday, a day off work - all day at the computer trying to pull all my thoughts together into a cohesive and understandable thesis: how to write in 2,500 words on a subject as huge as The Triune God. As difficult as that was, I finally finished it to my satisfaction and submitted it, then waited in nervous anticipation for the grade.
I am happy to report that I got a 100% on that paper! Wow...I couldn't believe it. All my hard work and hours of effort paid off. I got an A in the course with A's in all my papers and assignments. Needless to say, I'm very happy with that. Now to get through this final class, only 4 weeks to go, but still a lot of work to do before graduation.
In spite of being so consumed with studying and school, we're still getting a lot of hiking in and kid time. Last week, Amy and the kids came down in time for dinner on Monday, then stayed overnight. We watched a movie together, Chase chose Sleeping Beauty because he wanted to see the witch turn into a dragon (is that a boy thing!).
On Tuesday morning, Dawn and Kira joined us and we all went over to the church for the kids to play in the gym.
It was such a nice day that we thought it would be good for the kids to play outside so we drove over to Pennington Park where there was a nice playground. They had fun but it was cold and windy. We played there as long as we could stand it, then since it was close enough to lunch time..."Let's go to Chick-Fil-A and let the kids play inside.
Yesterday I took several hours off work and went with Dawn and Kira and Dawn's friend, Betty and her 3 kids to a Sound All Around concert in Philadelphia. It turned out to be quite an adventure. We parked the car and walked to where we thought the concert was, only to find out we were at the wrong address. So we got back to the car, paid for 15 minutes parking, went a couple blocks further and parked again. Dawn, the kids and I got out and started hurrying to get to the concert while Betty parked the car. Dawn had 2 of Betty's kids and Kira, hurrying along, while I tried to get Betty's boy to walk a little faster. We got further and further behind, until I finally told him to climb on my back, which he was happy to do. We must have made quite a sight! We got to the Kimmel Center and got directions from the ushers in the lobby that the concert was at the end of the hallway, up the stairs, turn right and go to the end of another hallway. We did that but it was not the concert we had tickets for. So we had to trace our steps back out. Unfortunately, the tickets Dawn was holding did not have the address of the concert on them, but we finally figured it out that it must be at the Academy of Music. That building was across from the Kimmel Center, so off we trudged with the 4 kids. By the time we got in the door, we discovered we were finally at the right place but we were 30 minutes late. Dawn was feeling frustrated, mainly because she felt responsible, but the ushers were very kind and helpful and told us that we could just wait around for the next concert which would begin at 11:15. So that was a relief, we could still use our tickets and after coming into the city and going through all that effort, it wouldn't be a wasted trip.
We had to keep the kids occupied for 45 minutes, but being good mommies, Betty and Dawn had brought lunch and snacks.
We finally got into the concert and it was definitely worth it although by this time, the kids were tired.
Well, the sun is shining, calling my name, enough time spent on the computer. I'm off to get some vitamin D.
















1 comment:
oh my goodness what an ordeal for that concert! Glad you made it there and were actually able to see it though! It was so nice to see you guys and hang out the other week :)
Post a Comment