I was so tired and feeling worn down on Monday. I kept wishing I
could leave work early to go home and take a nap. But I just kept doing
the next thing, even getting my normal Tuesday cleaning done when I got home
from work. However, as I sat next to Andy on the couch after dinner, he
remarked that I felt hot. He insisted that I take my temperature so I
did, and it registered at 99.9 degrees. Not that bad, but enough for
him to say I was sick. Boo! So I took some advil and went to bed
early.
The weather forecast had called for a warm sunny day at the shore for Tuesday and because of that, we had planned to go. I felt good enough, and besides which, sitting on the beach in the sun sounded therapeutic for what ailed me.
Dawn & Kira joined us. Kira livened up the party,
making up for my lack of liveliness.
There wasn't a lot of room on my chair for 2 people, but I selfishly refused to move off it, even for one of my favorite people.

The sun was warm and the breeze
was cool. I was refreshed and revitalized. The sun was out all
morning, but by noon, clouds were rolling in. That was the signal to leave.
That quickly, it became completely overcast and we even had a few sprinkles
of rain on the way home.
If I had gone to the doctor, I'm sure the shore would have been just what he would have ordered for me. There's nothing like a little sea air to revive the soul, not to mention the body.
The beach was deserted - it was just us. But who would have expected 74 degree weather on October 23?
I was reading in Psalm 23 this morning about how the Good Shepherd leads us by still waters and restores our soul. Well, my soul was restored by the ceaseless motion of the ocean.










No comments:
Post a Comment