Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Last Thursday, Andy and I went over to Dawn & Tommy's for dinner.  Dawn served her own homemade spaghetti sauce that she had canned, as well as applesauce - also her own.  It was a lovely dinner, not only because of the food, but also the company!  Tommy and Andy checked out the basement to see how Andy could help with the room they want to build down there.  Kira was constant entertainment.  And of course, she has a willing and captive audience in her Grammy & Poppop.  Although I took a picture of her when she crawled inside her daddy's t-shirt (yes, while he was wearing it), but it turned out blurry and can't be used (probably because I was laughing so hard).

On Saturday I met Dawn at the Farmer's Market again, walking around together and buying some fresh produce.  I bought about 20 honeycrisp apples.  Wow!  They are super delicious.  The rest of the day was spent in puttering around the house, nothing pressing that needed to be done.

Sunday was a different story, though.  Of course, there was church all morning.  Andy and I both attended the Welcome Class to acquaint the new folks on some of the ministries we are involved with.  Then in the afternoon, I went to Stacey's bridal shower.  I am so happy for her, she met the man of her dreams!  God graciously gave her the desire of her heart.




I returned home from the shower in time to eat a little something, then go back to church for our annual meeting.  It was non-eventful and over in about 45 minutes. Now that's a good meeting!

Monday was a regular day of work, but afterwards I tried to get some of my cleaning done because we were planning to be away most of the day on Tuesday.  I got the laundry done and 2 of the bathrooms cleaned, so Tuesday morning wasn't so rushed before we left.

Yesterday we went over to C & C's so Andy could help Christian put in a new window in their attic.  The old one had been leaking and causing some water damage in the house so it was a very necessary repair.  Andy and Christian worked all day even in the rain.
 

I helped Christy with some homeschooling, doing what I do best with the grandkids:  Reading!


I also had time to play with Claire.


For supper, Christy made pizza and it was delicious.  I had made apple crisp on Monday afternoon and took that along for our dessert.

Claire was "helping" Christy on the computer!


So it was a good day:  work was accomplished, we interacted with 5 grandkids, a daughter and son-in-law and ate well.  What more is there?!

No comments: