Not much to relate this week. We spent our days in house work and yard work. We received some much needed rain over the weekend which kept us indoors. The rain gauge said we got 4 inches. I was glad to have the rain to wash all that pollen away. There had been a green film over everything which kept me indoors. If I did venture outside, I would spend the next several hours sneezing. We started to mow the lawn last night but had to stop halfway through because it started raining again. However, today was a beautiful sunny day, although quite breezy, and we were able to finish the mowing. The lawn looks so beautiful when freshly mowed.
Dawn and I went to Perennial Gardens on Saturday morning and picked up some bushes and plants for both of us, as well as some mulch for her. We took Kira with us. I had forgotten how "fun" it is to shop with a 2 year old. She took her shoes off and was running around in the dirt. Then she decided it would be fun to make mountains with the gravel and dirt. Needless to say, she got herself pretty dirty. She also wanted to push the wagon/cart we were using to put our plants on, but it was a little heavy for her. If she did manage to get it going, it invariably went the wrong direction. What a fun adventure!
We had a group of singles over on Sunday evening for dinner and fellowship. They are older (in their 30's, 40's & 50's) and we've been meeting every other Sunday evening for over a year now. It's a great group and we really are enjoying getting to know them as well as watching them connect with each other. Beth Fuller is currently staying in our upstairs apartment. She is on furlough from Papua New Guinea where she works in translation work with Wycliffe Translators. She made dinner for us on Sunday evening, using somewhat traditional food that we would eat in PNG. It was a delicious dish (with chicken, sweet potatoes, cabbage, carrots and green beans, flavored with ginger and garlic), and we learned a lot from her.
We finished our new little reading area in our house, between the dining room and kitchen. It's a cozy little spot and I love it. Andy had to put an electrical outlet in the floor which he finished last Saturday.
I couldn't resist walking around taking pictures of our beautiful flowering trees. I just love this time of the year. Even sneezing and itching eyes can't put a damper on my love of spring and the enjoyment of God's creation.






2 comments:
I like the phlox under your tree. Great idea for a ground cover there. I'll have to do that! Anything that keeps me weeding less is great.
I love the phlox there. They always look nice even when they're not blooming.
Post a Comment