We got there around 10:30 and enjoyed a lovely spring day walking around to the different displays and demonstrations in the outbuildings. The breeze was still a little chilly, but the sun was warm.
I had taken my girls when they were little to this museum - a step back in time, so it was deja vu for me, but still interesting all over again. Plus, an added bonus this time was being with 8 of my grandchildren.

We stopped in the tinsmith's shop and heard a talk on how tin objects were made and what they were used for.

Naomi modeling a tin hat. I can't imagine it would be either warm or comfortable!
We stopped in the general store that looked like it could have been from the set of Little House on the Prairie.
We took a wagon ride with a team of horses.

The grounds were beautiful with apple trees in bloom and green grass in the meadows.
I think someone's tired!
We ate our lunch on the grounds then walked around a little more. Unfortunately, after we ate our lunch, I put my camera in the car and didn't have it the rest of our time there. But thankfully, Christy had her camera and was kind enough to share, so I am "borrowing" a few of hers.
The Village Smithie
Spinning wool into thread
A tavern where you could get a place in a bed and a meal for 40 cents. The bed held 4 people, so you would have to share with 3 others!
And a farm wouldn't be a farm without animals and gardens.
The farm in springtime - brings back memories. It's an idyllic place to visit.











No comments:
Post a Comment