Andy and I were missing Christy and her family. Having spent 2 weeks together on vacation made it more poignant when we hadn't seen them for 4 weeks. So we took a trip on Tuesday to visit them. I marinated some chicken and put together a potato casserole and made a batch of pumpkin cream cheese muffins to take along. (Christy provided green beans from her garden to complete the meal.)
The kids were enthusiastic in their welcome when we arrived. I love it when they run to greet us. And weren't the children running to meet Jesus? No wonder he told his disciples to leave them alone, then took them up on his lap. I know that feeling! There's nothing like the hug of a child. You feel so loved and accepted. Children don't judge as adults do.
Kids are also spontaneous. It was almost dinner time and Grace and I were clearing the table (from earlier craft projects) and setting it for supper. All of a sudden the other kids arrived with a "ta-da" and all in costumes.
Kids are not afraid to ask questions. The dinner time conversation is quite entertaining and educational when shared with children, ages 3 - 10.They're just cute. Asher asked me to get him a "dup." I knew he meant "cup" so I encouraged him: "Asher, say c-c-c-cup." He answered: "c-c-c-dup!"
And they love to be silly and have fun.

Jesus tells us we need to be like little children to enter the kingdom of God. I don't think Andy will have any trouble with that one!


1 comment:
You say how much your grandchildren love to have you visit- maybe I am in my second childhood, but I would love it too. Especially now since Rita will be gone for 3 weeks. I feel so alone! Matt, Cherie, and Noah were up last Sunday. I really appreciated that. You have some really good pix.
Post a Comment