Monday, November 2, 2009

Just call me "Tech Support" :)

Ok, I'm branching out. Maybe you can teach an old dog new tricks!

With me being in charge of our Ladies Night Out events at church, I've had to learn to work the sound board, play CD's on the sound system, and run slide shows. This is the sound board. Just look at all those buttons and wires!Mr. Bob gave me some lessons, then gave me permission to call him if I needed help during the evening. The first couple of times, I did need to call him. I take that back - I've called him every time! This last time I thought I had it all figured out, but when I got into the sound booth, someone had changed things around so it didn't look familiar. But in the end, I got the mikes working, the slide show went well, and the CD's played at the appropriate times. Whew!

Then on Saturday, I took a trip up to Berks County to visit with my mother and help her with some computer issues she was having. I was a little apprehensive as to whether I really would be able to help her and actually prayed on the way up that the Lord would give me wisdom and success. James 1:4 is a promise I often claim when I am ignorant, and He graciously answered this time. She was having trouble organizing pictures that she had scanned, but fortunately, I knew how to do that. So I was happy that I was able to help, and she was happy to have the help.
The lessons didn't take too long and we were able to reward ourselves for our success by having lunch at Panera's.

So if you need computer help, just call me. I know just enough to be dangerous!

5 comments:

Christy said...

I love it!! Way to go Mom and Grandmom. I love those pictures. Great post!!

Katy said...

So it was you! You are so sly, I didn't even know you went up there. And doing the sound board!? I am seriously very impressed.

Nancy Yoder said...

I am impressed. too!! Thank you again for your help. I will be putting some more pics on my blog when I "get around to it". I had a nice visit with Matt, Cherie, and Noah after you left.
Even if you couldn't have helped me it was just good being able to spend a little time together

judy said...

such a good daughter!

He and She said...

Mom, you are so much smarter than you think you are! Good for you!