Kira yawns.
On Monday morning, I went to work for about 2 hours, then took off again for another day with little Miss Precious! Dawn is looking better and better every day. We even went for a little walk yesterday for some exercise and to get Kira out in the fresh air. It was a beautiful day. I made dinner again for the family, barbeque chicken pizza and a fresh salad. I had to hurry on out as soon as dinner was over because I had a meeting at the church at 7:00. Unfortunately, I ran into traffic on the way home and got to the meeting 20 minutes late. Oh well, what's more important: holding your grandchild or going to a meeting???? Duh!
This morning I had my yearly dentist appointment, then I hurried on over to spend time with Dawn and the baby again. We took another walk and I made dinner again (baked ziti). I hung around long enough to hope the traffic wouldn't be a problem and got home around 8:00.I don't have my camera because Andy has it in Maine. Hopefully, he is taking some good pictures and is not dropping it in the river. He is fishing with his dad and brother-in-law - some father/son time.
I persuaded Tommy to send me some pictures that Dawn took with her camera today. What a sweet baby she is. She sleeps and eats and messes her diapers. She rarely cries and seems to be very alert to her surroundings when she is awake. Dawn was reading to her from a Bible story book she was given, and also sang to her at one point to wake her up. She is a very good mommy!
Eyes open - kind of!

I like this picture. She was all curled up like this in the fetal position on my lap this afternoon for about a 3 hour nap. It was so fun just sitting there watching her little expressions and hearing her little sounds from time to time. Sigh! Do I have to go back to work tomorrow?
Someone made this bib for Kira before they checked on the spelling of her name. But isn't it cute!
4 comments:
she is so cute! Dawn looks great too. I'm praying for her speady recovery. I'm sure she appreciates all the help you are able to offer.
What a doll! Can't wait to hold her!! Glad you are posting pictures since Dawn hasn't gotten around to it yet.
Oh, yes! I was waiting to see pictures. She's precious! So happy for all of you!
Oh, that's sweet! Thanks so much for all your help mom! It has been so great having you up here and we'll miss you!
Post a Comment