Friday, July 31, 2009

Update on Dawn

We had a bit of drama about 2 hours after Dawn delivered Kira on Tuesday. She hemorrhaged and needed to have surgery and a blood transfusion. As of right now, she is still in the hospital, but desiring to come home yet this afternoon or evening. I was really hoping I would be able to see the baby again, but now it looks like I'll have to wait till Sunday, since we already had plans for tomorrow.

Meanwhile...on Tuesday, Andy started working on a walkway from the new front porch to the driveway. It was a hot and humid day and he worked hard at digging all this dirt out and hauling it to other parts of our property.
I am very excited that my trumpet vine is blooming. It is doing bloomingly this year - growing like a weed. I planted it with caution because it can be very invasive. In a garden magazine I received, I saw the idea to plant trumpet vine in a bucket so it is contained. I tried it and so far, so good. This is the first year it is blooming. I can't wait to see if the humming bird is attracted to it.

3 comments:

judy said...

Your trumpet vine is beautiful - remember as kids we used to take the bottoms off and suck out the "honey". And what a great idea to plant it in a bucket! You will definitely get hummingbirds.

Anonymous said...

Your front porch looks so inviting and the walkway will be a very nice addition. A fantastic idea with the bucket for trumpet vine, mine is trying to take over more ground than I want it to. I keep digging up all the new ones. I'm sure you'll have hummers at your blooms soon.

He and She said...

that walkway will look so nice there when it's done!