Sunday, November 23, 2008

Random News

The Headline News...
This was the big weekend at church for our kids. Dawn directed a children's musical/drama: Malice in the Palace (The story of Esther). There were about 48 kids involved. They performed it 3 times this weekend: once on Saturday night and twice on Sunday morning. They really did a bang-up job. I watched it all 3 times and each showing was as enjoyable as the others. Here are some pictures:

Queen Vashti (in braces)

Preparing the cast for the show
2 cute little "Israelite" girls
The King of Persia with his guards
Haman leading Mordecai
through the streets on the king's royal horse
Haman groveling at Queen Esther's feet

In other news...
Christian and Christy and family and Ricky and Amy and family came down to see the production at the 11:00 showing. Then everyone came to our house for lunch afterwards. We ordered panzarottis and pizzas.

We had a grand old time together.

In other, other news...
It has been pretty cold recently. This morning at 8:00 am, the temperature was 26. Brrrr. But my mums are still blooming away and I was able to have fresh flowers to brighten up my kitchen today.And it's finally cold enough for Andy and me to wear the sweaters we bought in Norway in May. They are 100% wool and cozy warm, as well as excellent quality and beautiful.

And finally...
I have a bad reputation with knives - a propensity to cut myself. My fingers have all kinds of scars and pieces missing! Consequently, I have always thought it best to keep dull knives in my drawers - less chance of getting seriously hurt. But about a year ago, a friend's son was selling Cutco Knives and we felt compelled to help him out and bought a set. I really should let other people use them because as I said, I am dangerous with a knife in my hand. So I was cutting up the lettuce today for our salad, and you guessed it! I took a slice off the end of my left pointer finger. I didn't realize at first how profusely I was bleeding. I had put a bandaid on the wound and thought that would take care of it, but it didn't stop bleeding and began oozing (no, make that gushing) off the end of my finger.

Dr. Christy fixed me up with her plantain concoction, which I happened to have some in the bathroom cupboard, and bandaged me up.

After I cut myself, Amy told me she had brought me a finger protector she had bought from Pampered Chef. Why, oh why did she wait to give it to me until after I cut myself!!

Anyway, typing this up with an injured finger has been interesting!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You forgot to mention the bloody salad. Yummmmm. :)
Now you will have to learn to type one handed like me while I am nursing the baby.

Katy said...

Hey that's what I do too. poor Mommy:( Maybe you should have explained why Grace has toilet plungers on her head:)
Nice Pics