Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On Saturday morning I went to a bridal shower for Rachel. This is a young lady who lived with us for a year and 9 months, from August 2005 to May 2007. She's getting married Dec. 31. At the shower we were asked to form small groups of 4-5 people and make a wedding dress out of toilet paper to dress one of the people in the group. I was chosen to be the model which suited me just fine. I don't have a lot of creative ideas when it comes to something like that, but as you'll see by the pictures, we had a couple of people who were very creative.
The lineup!
Believe it or not, I was voted the winner!
A blushing bride at my age!

Andy went up to help Christian today with his building project. I had gone grocery shopping at Trader Joe's last night and picked up some things for Christy. Andy was supposed to take them with him when he went this morning, but he forgot. And I forgot to remind him. So after I cleaned my bathrooms and started a load of laundry, I drove up to Christy's, too. As it turned out, it was helpful that I did, because Christy needed to take Naomi in for some blood work. She was able to go with just her, instead of dragging all 5 kids along. I stayed long enough to eat lunch with them, braid Grace's hair, read some stories to the kids, watch the progress of the project, and visit a little with Christy.

My finger is doing better. It still looks angry, but doesn't hurt a bit. The plaintain stuff Christy gave me not only acts as an antibiotic, it also is a pain killer. Good stuff to have around.
And I finally had success in finding a couple pair of jeans that I like. Several of my blogging friends gave me some suggestions, I checked them out and voila! Actually, they are not quite as high in the waist as I would like, but I think I can get used to them sitting a little lower. They just don't make jeans the way they used to! How many moms are there out there, and they don't make mom jeans anymore! Sigh! How comfortable is it to have your jeans sitting in the middle of the baby tummy that will never be flat again no matter how many situps you do! Oh well, I'm sure if I wait long enough, mom jeans will come back in style again some day. One can hope.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Aww Mom, you are so cute! :)

Katy said...

What a pretty bride you are!:) I didn't know rachel was getting married, who to? Have you tried using your finger protector yet?

Nancy Yoder said...

You should have been a winner in the bridal gown event. I think the ones who did the work of fixing you up should have gotten the prize. Some one was very creative! It actually looked great. If you wouldn't have said it was toilet paper- who would have known?