Sunday, November 11, 2018

Seasons come and seasons go. I've been wrestling with the idea of not blogging any more. I've come through a season of intense difficulty and struggle, but that is now over. Yes, there are other things that I'm dealing with and will experience, but the level of intensity has eased significantly.

I feel like I'm beginning a new chapter in the story of my life. God is still very present in that story, but it's going to be different from what I've come through.

I believe God is leading me to be more involved with my grandkids and family. I'm excited about spending more time with the ones I love.

I believe the purpose of my life is not over, and although I'm still searching that one out, I believe that God will show me along the way His purpose for me.

Remember by Lauren Daigle
Album: Look Up Child
Released : 2018

In the darkest hour when I cannot breathe
Fear’s on my chest, the weight of the world on me
Everything’s crashing down, everything I have known
When I wonder if I’m all alone
I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there

I will lift my eyes even in the pain
Above all the lies, I know You can make a way
I’ve seen giants fall, I’ve seen mountains move
I’ve seen waters part because of You
I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there

 I can’t stop thinking about
I can’t stop thinking about
I can’t stop thinking about
Your goodness, goodness

I remember, I remember
You have always been faithful to me
I remember, I remember
Even when my own eyes could not see
You were there, always there
With me

Although the journey was difficult, I'm grateful for the memory of God's faithfulness, nearness and presence with me on that journey. It is a comfort to have that experience of His goodness to me in the middle of what appeared to be very bad, because it strengthens my faith that no matter what the future holds, God will continue to be faithful.

There are 52 verses in Psalm 89 and Ethan the Ezrahite, who wrote the psalm, mentions God's faithfulness in seven of those verses, as well as describing God's love as being faithful.

Psalm 89:1
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations."

Verse 2
"I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself."

Verse 5
"The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones."

Verse 8
"O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you."

Verse 14
"Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you."

Verse 33
"But I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness."

Verse 49
"O Lord, where is your former great love, which in your faithfulness you swore to David?"

Verse 24
"My faithful love will be with him...(speaking of David)

And even "if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself" (2 Timothy 2:13).

What an awesome God. He is worthy of all our honor and glory and praise. May the rest of my life be a testimony of God's grace.

No comments: