Sunday, March 8, 2015

Snow, Snow, Snow

I went to sleep Wednesday night expecting lots of snow on the ground when I woke up on Thursday morning.  So the first thing I did when I woke up was look out the window.  Nothing!  Huh???  Apparently, the system was moving a lot more slowly than was anticipated...but it was still coming - so they said.  (They in this instance - the meteorologists).  And what originally was predicted at 1-3 inches kept increasing, it seemed, hourly. 

Well, I thought I better get to work and do as much as I could as quickly as possible in order to not be caught out in it when it got too deep for my car.  My new car handles very well in the snow, being front wheel drive, but the clearance is only 5 inches.  So wisdom says, "Don't drive if the roads aren't plowed and there is more than 2-3 inches on the surface."

I was able to get to work by 7:30 and worked for 3 hours to finish everything I needed to.  No one else was in the office which made it easier to keep my nose to the "grindstone."  No interruptions equals more efficiency!  By 10:30, the snow was beginning to lay, and I was thankful I was able to spend the rest of the day at home watching the snow from inside the comfort and warmth of my home.  

Our snow thrower had a bum tire, so Andy and I went out to the shed to take it off and see if we could order a new one.  An interesting side light:  I always thought the machine was called a snow blower, but websites and our owner's manual calls it a snow thrower.  I figured out the part number and ordered a new tire, but then Andy pumped up the tire with a bicycle pump and it looked good.  I think that may be the only thing that was wrong with it because it still looks good three days later.  I was able to cancel the order.  Hopefully, the tire will work, although I'm seriously hoping we don't need to use the snow thrower again this year.  We've had enough snow, at least that's my opinion.  And I think a lot of people agree with me.  

It was beautiful, though.  




The other day I gave a quick glance at our weather station and saw the outside temperature was 75 degrees.  I did a double take...what?  Is our weather station malfunctioning?  But on closer look, I saw I had missed the "." between the 7 and the 5.  Brrr...that's cold.


So being home from work, we had time to work on our puzzle.  As we got closer to the end, it went a little faster.  It was a difficult puzzle, but we successfully finished it.  Andy said I did most of the work, but he got some pieces, too.  He was patient and diligent and gave it the "old college try."


Now that we were able to work a difficult 1,000 piece puzzle, we will certainly have no problem with 500 pieces.  But I think we might just wait a week or two before tackling the next one.

Yesterday was a very fun day.  Christy, Dawn and Amy all came down for a family time at our house.  They brought their families, everyone except Ricky and Chase.  Because of all the snow this year, a number of Chase's games had to be rescheduled and yesterday was one of those.  

Claire really wanted to hold Baby Kasey.  Kasey wasn't feeling herself because of an ear infection earlier in the week.  She wasn't as happy being held by Claire as Claire was in holding Kasey.  She was a good sport for a few minutes, though!



I love doing French braids in the girls' hair.  And Naomi asked me to do her hair yesterday.  Gladly!


We ate lunch together.  I made a sandwich casserole - very good and a big hit.  Christy and Amy each made a pot of soup - so we had two choices.  And Dawn brought a variety of fruit that we put out for snacking and munching on.  I also made a batch of lemon bars.  We had plenty to eat and everything was very good.

After lunch the guys and kids went outside to play in the snow.  I had requested they bring their snow clothes because I really wanted a snow man in our yard.  They all eagerly went to work and produced not only a snow man in the front yard but a huge snow fort in the back yard.  Andy joined them and they had so much fun.  I admit I was very impressed with their handiwork.


 

 



 I love snow but it's so cold.  I wonder if there will be snow in heaven.  I can't help but think there will be since God created it, and he has richly provided us with everything for our enjoyment. (1 Timothy 6:17)  It's also a beautiful picture of the purity of our lives as we stand before God clothed in Christ's righteousness.

I've been meditating on  2 Corinthians 5:21 the last couple of days.  "He (God) made him (Jesus) who knew no sin to be sin for us, so that in him (Jesus) we might become the righteousness of God."  Incredible concept.

And what about Isaiah 1:18:  "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow."

No comments: