So the other day, I took a turn about the yard and savored the spring weather and my beautiful gardens. My picture taking isn't as fantastic as Amy's and Christy's since I only have a lowly Canon Power Shot A560 camera. But what is is what is!
These rose bushes are even more loaded with flowers now, just a few days later.

We planted these Photinia bushes last fall. I was surprised to see they had such pretty flowers.
A Mother's Day gift from Amy.
These laurel bushes are absolutely stunning this year and have a heavenly fragrance.
Every summer I like to plant impatiens along the driveway. By fall they are huge and full and awesome! However, the last year or so, they haven't fared as well. Then I heard from a friend that local nurseries aren't selling them because they are being infected by a fungal disease.
Impatiens disease changing American gardens
Fungal disease targets colorful landscape staple, experts recommend trying alternatives. Over the last two years, a fungal disease has devastated America's impatiens beds. Downy mildew was reported in Illinois and 35 other states last year. (from the Chicago Tribune News)
So it's time to try a different annual this year - how about begonias?
Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity. ~John Ruskin
Flowers whisper "Beauty!" to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall. ~Dr. SunWolf, professorsunwolf.com














2 comments:
I love the laurel bushes, and the knock-out roses. I didn't know that about Impatiens! Good thing you told me so I don't buy any. Begonias are lovely as well.
Your flowers look pretty! I love the mountain laurel, the flowers ate so amazing. And your peonies are just gorgeous, I love the color!
Post a Comment