Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring is Here!

Yesterday felt more like the first day of summer than March 20th, the first day of spring.  But who can complain about such a beautiful day.  With it being so pleasant, I had to spend a little time sitting on the deck in the sun, enjoying the magnolia tree in full bloom.  Other flowers are blooming, too, and I noticed the grass is greening nicely.



I was getting rather warm and switched to flip flops, which led to feelings of a need for a pedicure.  So since I needed to get out of the kitchen to keep my sanity, off I went to indulge myself.


Andy spent the day working in the kitchen.  He painted the beams and ceiling, then also all the walls.  Everything got the first coat of paint.

Because I spend a majority of my time in the kitchen, it's hard for me to keep myself occupied when he's working in there.  I did manage to get a batch of rolls made, but the rest of the day, I tried to stay out of there till he finished. 

This afternoon I came home from work and spent 2 delightful hours preparing a colorful dinner:  orange sweet potatoes with red dried cranberries, green zucchini souffle and rice pilaf.  It was as tasty as it looks.

Last Friday, Tommy, Dawn and Kira came over for dinner.  As usual, we had a lot of fun together.  With Daylight Savings Time, we were able to spend some time outside after dinner.  Kira was her usual cheerful, fun-loving self. 

The other day someone expressed a little concern that this weather is so strange, so warm so early.  I couldn't help thinking of God's promise, though, that as long as the earth stands, there will be seed time and harvest.  Great is His faithfulness.  Our media sources tend toward sensationalism and people without God worry and are alarmed that the earth is heading toward extinction.  I think that we do have a responsibility to take care of God's earth, but ultimately, it is His earth and we can trust Him to continue to hold things together by the word of His power.  (Colossians 1:17)

I'm thankful we had a mild winter and early spring.  It was nice for Andy that he didn't have to do any shoveling or snow blowing this winter, and he didn't have the responsibility of getting the church parking lots plowed and sidewalks cleared.  In everything give thanks!

No comments: