Thursday, March 1, 2012

It's the Little Things

I got my nails done on Monday afternoon.  With the exception of  Dawn’s wedding 8 years ago, it had been 15 years since I had nail polish on my fingernails.  I got tired of always replacing broken and chipped nail polish so I just didn’t bother.  Because of working in dishwater and food preparation, fingernail polish doesn’t last more than an hour or two on my hands.

So last week my neighbor Nancy told me she got this gel nail polish that would last on your fingernails for 2 weeks.  It would not chip or break – guaranteed.  And she even offered to give me the manicure herself. 


So what did I have to lose?  I spent the afternoon with her after work on Monday and now have beautiful hands!  My fingernails look as good today, 3 days later, as they did when first done.  And I like the way they look as I type!

We had a visitor today at the office.  Kira loves to visit her Poppop and me when Dawn drops by.  I keep a little box of toys in my desk drawer and she asks for it nearly every time she comes in.  She also likes to sit at the desk and pretend she’s working on the computer.   

Another favorite thing for her to do is chase Poppop down the hallway and then get him to draw on the white board in the conference room.  She’s so friendly and talks to everyone who happens to be in the office at the time.

She brightens our day.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Aww, Kira's so cute! What kind of nail polish is that? So are you going to start wearing polish again now??

Christy said...

O.K., what's the name of that polish? You had to know that we would all ask that. :)

Phyllis said...

It's Gelish by Nail Harmony