Thursday, January 12, 2012

Another Project Completed

The stairway going to the upstairs apartment needed some TLC. We ripped out the carpet because it was stained and dirty - which even a good steam cleaning hadn't remedied.We put in linoleum on the top landing. Andy sanded, caulked, painted and varnished the stairs. Then we found some stair treads to add quiet to the space as well as some color and interest.
Adding the double sided tape to the underside of the treads was somewhat tricky and time consuming, but after the first couple, we got the knack of it. We're happy with the results.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Looks good! I didn't know they made little carpets for stairs like that :P good job guys!

Christy said...

Love the carpet treads. Great idea!

By the way, I heard you "stole" a desk that Grandma was going to give to me. Nice. Don't worry, the kids like doing their school work on the floor. ;)

Phyllis said...

Don't worry...you'll probably eventually get it anyway. But is it ok now that you're getting a couch? I didn't take that away from you.