Monday, June 20, 2011

Never a Dull Moment

Andy has struggled practically all his adult life with chronic prostatitis. Nearly 6 years ago he had a surgical procedure that took care of the problem. What a blessing it has been for him to be in good health, able to exercise, and just feel good! But in the last couple of months, he has had 3-4 infections and gone on antibiotics to take care of the problem. He finished up a round of antibiotics about a week ago. Then on Thursday, he started feeling nauseous and weak and dizzy. He hesitated calling the doctor because he had an appointment with a specialist on Friday, but as the day wore on, he kept feeling sicker and sicker. So he called our primary physician and was told there was an opening. I drove him there because he didn't think he could drive himself in his condition. The doctor told him he should have gone to the hospital, but he would prescribe more antibiotics.

The next day he was no better, and I took off work to go with him to the specialist. I sat in on the visit because I wanted to know what was going on and because in Andy's condition, I was afraid he wouldn't be able to comprehend all the doctor told him. We were told that the surgery he had 6 years ago usually was good for about 5 years. Oh, so that explains it. He's due for another surgery. He has another appointment on Wednesday and hopefully, we'll get more information then.

Meanwhile, it was a rough couple of days for him. Fortunately, his foot is progressing nicely and he is getting around a little better each day. But he spent most of the day on Saturday resting and trying to gain his strength back. On Sunday we had scheduled a picnic in the park with our older singles group (singles in their 30's, 40's and 50's) from church. We weren't too sure if we should cancel or not, considering Andy's health, but he took a nap in the afternoon, and we decided to go for it. It was a lovely evening and a nice time to be in the park. We went to Long Bridge Park in Hainesport. There were about 10 others (not counting Andy and me), with everyone bringing either a salad or dessert. There was a lot of good food and fellowship. I didn't make that dessert, but I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. It was tasty, too!
After eating, we took a hike down one of the trails to the Rancocas River.
Christy's last blog with all those beautiful pictures of flowers and butterflies inspired me to get my camera and walk around my gardens. So here we go with potted flowers:
and greenery...these ferns are looking really good this year.
white yarrow, from my sister Toot's garden:The beauty berry bushes are blooming...a red lily I got from my mother...Something ate my roses this spring. I didn't notice until the leaves were chewed to bits. But then I got some spray and soaked those bushes. I was happy to note there is new growth on them and hopefully, they'll bounce back and bloom again. I will keep a close eye on them and keep them sprayed until those bugs stay away for good.
I love color and right now, there's lots of it to be seen.

No comments: