Last Wednesday was our 37th anniversary. I dug out some old photos to share. This first one is soon after we started dating, around October 1972.
We look sooooo young. And look at all the hair Andy has!This picture was taken at a PCB formal dinner the night we got engaged, April 1973.
I made the dress. At least that's the way I remember it. My mother may have made it, and if she did, I'm sure she'll let me know. Ha, ha.Someone had given us a gift certificate to Olive Garden, so that's where we went to celebrate on Wednesday. There were a lot of other people who must have been using gift cards, because the restaurant was crowded. Fortunately, we went early and didn't have to wait long.
On Friday night, New Year's Eve, we were invited to the home of someone in our church who was having a going away party for another member who is being deployed for 14 months. There were a lot of people at that party and it was really fun with lots of good food and people we love. We didn't stay till midnight, although there were some who did. It seems that no matter how hard I try to stay up late, my body just goes into tired mode and there's no hope. Someone asked me how I was going to bring in the New Year. I said I was going to sleep through it, and when I woke up on New Year's Day, say "Happy New Year!" It seems the new year will come regardless of whether I see it in or not. It was a unique year, because of 1/1/11.
Another reason I wanted to make sure I got my rest is because the next day we drove up to Berks County for the Yoder Christmas get-together. I had made 2 batches of rolls to take along. As usual there was a lot of good food there, too. And it's always good to see the relatives, even though it doesn't seem like we're there long enough to be able to visit with everyone. I think it takes us as long to drive (there and back) as it does to be at the party. Christy, Christian and Amy were able to be there with their children. Dawn wasn't feeling well, and their car was giving them problems so they didn't want to risk the long drive. And Ricky stayed home to puppy sit all their new puppies.
Thanks to my sister for her picture taking. I didn't take my camera so I'm stealing some of her pictures.


On Sunday we had another single missionary young lady, Deb, move into our upstairs apartment. She will be here a month. Her mother came with her but will be leaving tomorrow. Andy and I were invited to a friend's house on Sunday evening to welcome Deb. There was one other couple our age and about 5 young 20 year olds. It was a very enjoyable time. Deb is here till the end of January, then will be traveling to Niger to do occupational therapy in a hospital in Galmi. She's a very delightful young lady and it's a pleasure to have her staying with us, although she's out more than she's here.Yesterday on our day off, I did my usual housework, made a meal for a family in need, and still had time to go up to Smithville for a walk on a trail through the woods. It was still snow and ice covered in spots, but it was so nice to get out in nature. We were also able to stop in and see Dawn and Kira. Kira is quite entertaining. I think her favorite word is "baby," and second favorite is "dog-dog." She loves to look at my pictures in my wallet, looking at all her cousins, aunts and uncles. Most of my pictures have at least one baby, and there's even a picture of C & C's dog in one of them.
I guess as long as we keep going to parties, it gives me something to blog about!
4 comments:
ohmy, you young things! Does it make you happy or sad to go back in time??? Sometimes I don't want to think about how old I've become!
I'm always in denial about my age!
You two are in denial?!!! What about your "old" mother? I didn't dwell on my age, except to be amazed at the number I have reached. It doesn't seem real.
I love those old photos! You guys are so cute. Happy belated anniversary!
Post a Comment