It started out on Christmas Eve. I worked most of the day because the evening required my presence at the Candlelight services. I love our church and feel so loved by the dear people who make up our body. One of our traditions is for the deacons to honor the pastors and their families at the Christmas Eve service each year. Earlier in the month, they send out a letter to the church to let them know they can donate toward a Christmas gift for the pastors. So during the Christmas Eve service we are all called up on the platform. The pastors wives are presented with a beautiful bouquet and the pastors get a nice bonus check. On the one hand, I feel exposed standing up there in front of everyone. But on the other hand, I also feel loved. The people clap and even gave a standing ovation in the one service! We are truly blessed to be where we are.
The third day of Christmas: Sunday, Dec. 26th, was the day we had planned to get together with our family. But there was a big snow storm predicted so after several phone calls, we decided to postpone it till Monday. So Sunday turned out to be pretty low-key and restful, for me at least. For Andy, not as restful, because he went out several times to start shoveling.
On Monday morning, Andy spent about 2 hours digging us out. The snow was really deep, we must have gotten about 11 inches. And in some spots it was even deeper because the wind was pretty fierce. In fact, in some of the pictures I took, it looks like it's snowing, but it's just the wind whipping the snow across the yard or off the roof.



It even blew snow up onto the porch.
I don't think anyone's going to be playing on the swing set today.
And now too much solar power either.
We left our house around 12:00 to drive up to Amy's house. She had 1 litter of puppies and another one due any day, so didn't want to leave them for a whole day to come down to our house. It was a lot of fun to be together. I love our family.There was lots of good food.
All the Lindsay kids got pillow pets.
1 comment:
It sounds like you had fun. I so hope all your kids make it on Saturday. I really look forward seeing everybody. When I read how you get together with your kids so often, I wish I could experience more visits. Can't wait for Saturday.
Post a Comment