Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Number 9 - Katy Emma

Can you believe it? We now have 9 grandchildren. Amy had her 3rd baby on Sunday morning. Her labor and delivery were unbelievably quick, but the baby ingested some fluid into her lungs and had to be taken to the hospital. It was somewhat scary, but she seems to be doing very well, progressing nicely. The doctors have her on a week's worth of antibiotics to ward off any possible infection. You can read more details on Amy's face book, and I'm sure she'll be writing all about it when she gets home.

I hope Amy doesn't mind that I stole her pictures. Look at the hair on that baby! All her babies are born with lots of hair.
Katy was born on 10/10/10 and weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches. Amy was 7 pounds, 14 ounces and 21 1/2 inches at her birth. So Katy weighed an ounce less than her mommy at birth and was an inch shorter. Can you picture it? Amy was such a skinny little baby, she was all legs and arms, and those looked like sticks!

Unfortunately, because Katy has been in the hospital since birth, I have still not seen her. Ricky took the whole week off and is taking care of the house and kids. I'm planning to spend time doing the Grammy/Mom thing next week when Ricky goes back to work. I can't wait to hold that precious little girl and play with Chase & Joanna.

I'm very happy about the name Amy & Ricky chose. (I might add that it was my idea!) My grandmother's name was Katie Emma. So Amy's baby has her great-great-grandmother's name.

In other news, the funeral service for our friend Rich on Saturday was a wonderful tribute to a godly man. He influenced quite a few young men who spoke very highly of him and how he encouraged them to get their lives straightened out. It's amazing how much can be accomplished in a few short years. He was only 53 but there must have been over 500 people at the funeral service. I think the testimonies would have continued if the pastor had allowed it to keep going. He left a wife, a married son and a teenaged daughter and son. Rich had worked closely with Andy on projects at church and he also built the foundation of the in-law addition on our house. His wife is a good friend of mine. We will really miss him.

It's going to be a busy weekend, but those details will come later.

2 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

So good to hear about Amy, the baby etc. Congratulations to all! Hope to be able to see the baby some day next week if possible.

Katy said...

I was wondering if you were going to make an announcement on your blog, although I guess everyone knows by now, huh? That's interesting about my measurements... Katy can't wait to see you:)