On Friday, while I was at work, Marcia called me to ask if Andy and I would want to go with her and her husband on Saturday on a hike up at Sourland Mountain Preserve. Since we'd never been there, and we love to go hiking, and we love the friends who asked us, and we didn't have any plans for Saturday, we decided to go!
It was a beautiful day for a drive and a hike. Sourland Mountain Preserve is north of Princeton, so we had to drive over an hour to get there. I was pleasantly surprised with the terrain on this "mountain." We were still in NJ where it's hard to imagine anything but sandy soil. However, the trails were rocky and we did actually have some climbing to do. To be honest, the mountain wasn't really all that high, but still high enough in spots that we got a good cardio-vascular workout. We hiked 7 miles.


We crossed a meadow with beautiful flora, and even saw some deer. What a treat to spend the day with Bob & Marcia in God's great outdoors.

On Sunday after church we drove over to PA to visit with dear long-time friends from PBU. A few other couples from our PCB days were there, including a distant Yoder cousin of mine. It was another beautiful day - felt like fall, even a little chilly in the evening. But it was fun to get reaquainted with friends from former days.
Then yesterday, on Labor Day itself, Andy went riding with his biking buddies early in the morning. When he got back, he showered and we got ready for another picnic.
Amy invited us up to her house for the day. C & C, with G,A,N & A were there, too. 




Another beautiful day...but now it's back to reality. So what are we doing today? I cleaned 3 bathrooms, did laundry, went grocery shopping and vacuumed the whole house. Andy decided to power wash the deck and the back of the house. It's taking him a long time, but he's thorough and precise.
Although I'm a big fan of routine, it's nice to have a break once in a while, especially if it includes friends and family.
2 comments:
I really like that picture of you and Joanna, You actually got a good smile out of her! It was so nice to have you all here, even though I was very tired today, you make it worth it :)
Wow, I had no idea you have been so busy! But that's fun, isn't it? I really like Bob and Marcia...Bob gave me some good advice when we were looking for a lender for our mortgage. I am sorry I missed Amy's party, jealous you all got to hang out together since it seems we see each other so infrequently these days!
Post a Comment