As soon as rush hour was over on Tuesday, Andy and I left for Lancaster County. It's such a refreshing feeling for us to get off the turnpike and drive through Amish country. Something about all those farms seems so peaceful and tranquil. Notice I said seems, because having grown up on a farm, I know it's anything but peaceful. It's one thing to drive by all those farms, it's another to live on one and work on it. No thank you...been there, done that. I'll gladly leave farming to the Amish!
When we got to Amy's, she and Andy took a trip to Lowe's to pick up a storm/screen door. I stayed at the house and played with and read stories to Chase & Joanna. When they got back, Andy started working on replacing the screen door, while Amy and I tackled the organization of all her baby/kid clothes. We were very happy to get that job accomplished. Amy fixed us lunch, then the kids went down for naps. While they were napping, Amy and I started cleaning up the spare room upstairs. We assembled the bed so I will have a place to sleep when I stay overnight after the baby is born. We also started cleaning windows downstairs until the kids woke up. Then we went back upstairs to clean their room.
When Andy finished the screen door, he moved some furniture around for Amy.
The changing table came up from the basement which Joanna promptly climbed up.
We convinced Amy to put one of her chairs out to the street. It had been heavily used (to put it mildly). We got a lot done and I think it helped Amy not feel so overwhelmed.In other news...
After the Labor Day parties last week, the rest of the week was fairly busy. We had a Ministry Fair at church on Sunday which meant lots of prep work leading up to it. But everything got done in the right amount of time. I was able to enjoy Saturday without too many obligations. Andy spent the day with Christian flying to get Patrick. He was gone all day: I drove him to the airport, leaving at 7:00 am, then picking him up that evening at 9:30 pm.
On Sunday after church, Dawn and Kira came over to share Sunday brunch with us. Tommy had work to do so couldn't join us. Kira is very good at making me feel good. When she sees me, she gets a big smile, holds out her arms and starts walking toward me. When I pick her up and hold her, she refuses to go to anyone else, including her own mother. I'm glad Dawn doesn't have a complex, because Kira actually clings to me tightly and won't let go. If Dawn has to leave, we have to pry Kira off me and then she cries when they leave. Poor little thing.
I feel very blessed to have so many good and beautiful grandchildren. Children's children are a crown to the aged...(Proverbs 17:6) Although, I wonder who the aged is that the author of this proverb is talking about?!
1 comment:
Kira does love her Grammy, although she did the same thing to Dad (clung to him) when he came over for a visit one day, she loves you guys and doesn't like it when you have to go! Good thing we're close, heh heh!
Post a Comment