On Tuesday, Andy spent the day there laying plywood flooring in the kitchen, then the wonderboard for underneath the tile. I babysat Kira that afternoon so Dawn could go over and help Andy with that floor project. She's a happy little girl and seems to enjoy being here with Grammy.

Early Thursday morning, like 2:00 am, Andy and his Dad left for Maine. Our church is sponsoring a men's fishing trip this weekend. Dad loves to fish and wanted Andy to go with him. He was happy to do so, and I'm glad he did, too. He needs a break.My washing machine has been threatening to stop working. Sometimes it doesn't spin and sometimes it does. I decided to call a repairman and he said the transmission and clutch were bad and needed to be replaced. Did you know that washers had transmissions and clutches? The replacement parts and labor were going to be pretty expensive, so we decided to just buy a new one. It does get a lot of use with Andy's mom and I both using it, as well as people who might be living upstairs. Dawn said I should get a front loading washer, so after checking them out, I decided to go for it. On Friday, Mom and I drove down to Johnnie's Appliances and bought it. It will be delivered next Thursday. We got in on the gov't energy efficient rebate in the nick of time. Funding for that rebate will be cut on June 1. We were able to get $175 in rebates.
I've been eyeing up some roses that are just out of this world beautiful. I pass them every day on my way to work. The bushes are full and big and they bloom all summer. I found out they're called Knock Out roses. I've always loved roses but have resisted putting them in my gardens because I thought they were too difficult to grow. They have issues with aphids, black spot, etc. and then only bloom for a short time. So I was excited to find out about this variety. I called around and then went to my favorite perennial place this morning and purchased 4 bushes. It was such a beautiful day to be outside and quite satisfying to add these beauties to the garden in front of the porch.

I also planted some impatiens along the driveway, then did some trimming of bushes that were looking pretty shaggy. All in all, it was a very satisfying day. I finally was able to cross off some things that had been on my to-do list for quite a while.
3 comments:
Hello Phyllis! Sweet baby girl! She does always have such a happy little face.
Very nice washer too.
The Knock-Out Roses do very well and are practicably carefree. I have the same pink ones. I think you may have planted them too close together. We planted three bushes about 5 years ago and finally, this year, had to separate them. They get pretty big.
Those are the same color as mine! I was going to say the same thing about them bieng too close together- they really do fill out a lot. They look very pretty though and I love the pictures of Kira, I'm jealous that Dawn gets to spend all that time with you! :)
knock out roses are the new big thing = so disease resistant. They don't have much fragrance though but it's a good trade-off. Your new washer looks great - I love my front-loading washer & dryer.
Post a Comment