We took it easy with a couple days of "rest" before the weekend of madness. On Saturday morning, Andy and I had worship team rehearsal with our team. It's usually in the evening, but because of the activities in the rest of the day, we had to reschedule it. I played my bass this week so I was also involved in the rehearsal. At the same time, there was a ladies' Coffee Connection - 9:00 - 12:00 noon in another part of the church. Since I'm part of the team that plans these events, I felt I should stop in and eat the obligatory plate full! I don't like to miss those because those coffee connections are a great place to just relax with good food and friends. I like to think of them as an oasis of peace in the midst of craziness.
I made it home in time to change to more dressy attire for the wedding of a young couple Andy has been counseling. He performed the marriage ceremony and then we also attended the reception. That took up the rest of the day. It was a lovely wedding. We love this couple - it's fun to watch them make googly eyes at each other! - Eyes of full of love for each other.
Sunday was busy with playing with the worship team in all 3 services. After church, Dawn and Kira came over to have lunch with us.
Andy and I both left work early on Monday afternoon to drive over to C & C's. We spent 28 hours with the kids, babysitting so that Christy & Christian could go away. That was the first time in 3 years they had been away on an overnight without any children. Andy and I survived! And so did the kids! It actually went very well. I read a lot of books to the kids, and Andy wrestled with them a lot ~ their favorite things with us.



We got home a little before bedtime on Tuesday night. Now it's back to work and routine. I've been catching up on housework and laundry after work the rest of this week.



We got home a little before bedtime on Tuesday night. Now it's back to work and routine. I've been catching up on housework and laundry after work the rest of this week.We're trying to help as much as we can with Dawn & Tommy's "new" house. Andy went over Wednesday evening to help look at the heater situation and help Tommy put new locks on the doors.
Hopefully, tomorrow will be a work around the house day for us. The lawn needs to be mowed, gardens need to be weeded and bushes need to be trimmed. Happily, the weather is more springlike right now.
3 comments:
Enjoyed your update. I feel hurried- not enough time for all I should do. I spent two hours weeding in the raspberries on Thursday morning. It was so hot and I think am I crazy?! I take care (or try to) of the raspberries, pick them, make the jelly and then give it away, not to mention spending money for the sugar, jars etc and the time it takes! Why??
The times with the grandkids are so precious - you're so good to make the time to do it. I'm sure C&C loved the time alone - can't believe they haven't had some time off for 3 years!!! Well, making memories with the grandkids are just precious times. They look so happy. Time well spent!
28 hours? Mom, you are sooooo funny! Was it that bad that you were counting the hours? Just kidding. :)
Thanks again for helping us get away!
So happy that it went well.
Grandma,
You do it because you love us!!!!
I ask Christin why I make bread when it is so much easier to buy it. He looks at me with those puppy dogs eyes and says that eating his sandwich at lunch time on homemade bread says love. There's love in that bread just like there's love in that Jelly. I know Christian sure does appreciate it. Besides, it keeps you young!
Post a Comment