Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gobble, gobble

Not much to tell this week. We ate left over turkey nearly every day: Andy had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch on Monday, we both had that on Tuesday night for dinner, he had it again on Wednesday for lunch. On Thursday - something different - I made turkey noodle soup for dinner. I cut up the rest of the turkey and froze it so I can make another batch of soup later...much later. Actually, we both like turkey so we didn't really mind having so much left over.

On Tuesday, Andy and I went up to Christian & Christy's. Andy helped Christian put some finishing touches on his house project. They put up the soffits and fascias. Christy and I worked on a project in the house. She had been wanting to switch the girls' and boys' rooms around. Most of the work came in moving girls' clothes to the boys' closet and vise versa. We also moved the beds and cleaned and vacuumed under them. We found all kinds of little treasures!

Tonight Amy and Ricky came down to see our church's Living Nativity. They brought Ricky's parents and sister and her family. I went through the Nativity scenes with them. It's such a blessing to see the story of Jesus dramatized - it always speaks to my heart. And it's also exciting to see it with the children. Joanna was interested in the sheep but got tired of being carried. She wanted to get down and run around. But Chase seemed to be understanding what was going on. Of course, everyone loved the cookies at the end. Joanna was stuffing as much into her mouth as possible. She's funny and very entertaining!

3 comments:

Katy said...

wow, you did that fast! We just got home a little bit ago but had such a fun time. It was good to see you a little bit.

Nancy Yoder said...

If it was funny to see Joanna stuffing cookies in her mouth, where was your camera? I wish I could see your nativity again. It was so great to see it once- how many years ago? HOw many years has your church been doing it? A very worth while production.

Anonymous said...

One of these years I'm gonna get over there to see it. See you soon!