


One morning, bright & early, we rode our bikes to the boardwalk, then all the way to the end to treat ourselves to some freshly baked donuts. Yummmmm. That was a 7 mile ride - not sure that was enough to burn all those donut calories, but it helped with the guilt! Amy probably burned the most since she pulled her 2 kids in the trailer.
Several mornings the weather was cloudy and even drizzly, but we were able to find things to do till the sun came out in the afternoon. One morning we played with the kids in the park.

Another morning we went to the Atlantic City Aquarium. We ate a picnic lunch before entering the building. All my inside pictures of the aquarium turned out fuzzy. I must not have had the correct setting on. I think I need to start wearing my reading glasses all the time, because I constantly need to read, but can't without the bifocals...sigh!
And another outing was to the Cape May Zoo.
The kids enjoyed being together. Chase & Naomi played well together. We caught them once sitting on the floor of the bedroom looking at a book - two little heads together...
I got to read a lot of books to the kids.
I really wanted a picture of all 8 grandkids together. Well, that was a challenge to get them all to pose and look happy.
What a blessing it is to have a family that enjoys being together. It was the best of vacations. How good and pleasant it is when [sisters] live together in unity! Psalm 133:1
4 comments:
Looks like y'all had a fun time at the shore! When we went in June it was cold, cloudy, and windy the whole time. Maybe we should try and wait to go later like y'all did :)
Mom, could you send that picture of the 8 grandkids to me? That is a great picture! Had such a good time on vacation with everyone! So sad it's over already!
The one of you with the kids looks better than the one by themselves. There are a lot of goofy faces in that one. :)
I think your pictures in the aquarium may have been blurry because your flash was turned off. Do you think??
I agree that the picture with the kids isn't as good as the one with me. Oh, well. I like looking at their precious faces even when they're looking "goofy!"
I know the blurriness is my fault. I didn't have my glasses on and couldn't see the settings on the camera.
One of these days, I'll get better at taking pictures.
Post a Comment